Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Marlin X7VH aftermarket stock?

I just bought a Marlin X7VH in 22-250. I haven't even gotten to shoot it yet. The scope (nikon prostaff BDC 4-12) is getting mounted sometime this week. Everybody says the same thing about them, they shoot great but the factory stock is CHEAP! It does feel light and flimsey. How well it shoots with this cheap stock will dictate how soon I get to it... but I want to replace the stock. Boyds stocks has some beautiful stocks. They make a "drop in" (I'm sure it still takes a little work) for it called the "Varmint Thumbhole". This is a pretty fancy stock. Fancier than I want, but it's the only drop in they make for the x7vh. Anybody know anything about boyds? If I got one of their other stocks made for the short action X7 Marlins how hard (or expensive if I had someone else do it) would it be to bed it for my big ole' bill barrel? If it's expensive or just a big pain to modify one of their other stocks I might just go with the thumb hole. It's a cool stock, but seem a little too pretty to lie down in fields with to shoot groundhogs.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Marlin X7VH aftermarket stock?

Get the drop in, and don't look back. I had one of their stocks and the fit great right from the factory. There stuff is pretty well built, and they aren't so expensive that I would worry about scratching it.

(Centre County)

Thanks for the advice. I spoke to one of their guys on the phone today and he basically said that was my only option anyway. The Thumbhole stock design has been growing on me anyway.

(Bucks County)

I really like that design and will eventually be ordering one for my Marlin xt17

Marlin uses Savage pre fit barrels, but for the stocks...they use Winchester.

You can get them from Boyd's. You don't need to get a thumbhole unless that's what you want. Boyd's offers other stocks that would fit your Marlin.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/produc...=7306&cat=1223