Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Berkheimer and LTCF

Apologies if this topic is getting old for people but I tried getting as much information off these forums as I could before posting.

Recently bought my first firearm a glock 19 which I've open carried a few times now. Wanted to take the next step and apply for my permit to conceal. From what I've gathered on here I need a proof of residency (berkheimer) 2 IN County references, paperwork and application fees and such. Now the references aren't a issue for me, but my question is more about the tax form.

Says I need my recent local 1% income tax form. Is this simply to prove residency by checking the address on the form? Or is this to check that I'm paying berkheimer?
    I'm late filing this year due to me being stupid and forgetting and I'm currently saving money to get this squared away. I have a late form sent by them with all my residency info printed on it and filled out in pen by me but not filed yet. That enough for a LTCF or do I have to wait until I pay them and file?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Berkheimer and LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by CigarLove91 View Post
    Apologies if this topic is getting old for people but I tried getting as much information off these forums as I could before posting.

Recently bought my first firearm a glock 19 which I've open carried a few times now. Wanted to take the next step and apply for my permit to conceal. From what I've gathered on here I need a proof of residency (berkheimer) 2 IN County references, paperwork and application fees and such. Now the references aren't a issue for me, but my question is more about the tax form.

Says I need my recent local 1% income tax form. Is this simply to prove residency by checking the address on the form? Or is this to check that I'm paying berkheimer?
    I'm late filing this year due to me being stupid and forgetting and I'm currently saving money to get this squared away. I have a late form sent by them with all my residency info printed on it and filled out in pen by me but not filed yet. That enough for a LTCF or do I have to wait until I pay them and file?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    What???

take your DL to the court house fill out your form with 2 ref's can be out of county and pay your small fee and go about your day....

(Carbon County)

call burkheimer and they will send you a copy that you have paid last year

they are well aware of the sheriff's illegal requests

(Monroe County)

Utility bills, lease, property tax bill? Would they work?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Utility bills, lease, property tax bill? Would they work?
    Where is this stated on a LTCF application? I never heard of anyone having to provide this type of information???

edit: i just checked the monroe website:

Paperwork Necessary for Concealed Weapons Permit
    Download complete Instruction Sheet. Be sure to read the ENTIRE Instruction Sheet, front and back, PRIOR to completing the application. The application MUST have both sides printed on one sheet of paper.
    Pennsylvania Driver's License or Pennsylvania Non-Driver Photo Identification Card
    Photocopy of Local 1% Earned Income Tax or other tax paper if retired/disabled (Please refer to full instruction sheet for information)
    2 References (Must be Monroe County Residents - Please refer to full instruction sheet for reference requirements)
    If disabled - Written documentation from your doctor or social security explaining the nature of your disability.
    Copy of your DD-214 if you were in the military.
    Non U.S. Citizens need to provide the Immigration Identification Number. Please bring to the office as it must be photocopied for your file.
    Your photograph will be taken at the time of application.

Pretty crazy if you ask me, glad i live in the county i do

(Monroe County)

The legality of the requirements has been talked about on here enough that I was hoping to not get into it. More about if I'm good on what I have. Or if I had to pay up to berkheimer before I could even apply

(Monroe County)

Called Berkheimer... The lady I spoke to was nothing but helpful. Said you need to have the previous years return filed and they give you a letter to confirm residency for the sheriff.

Thanks for the help everyone!

(Monroe County)

Is the 1% the same thing as the local tax? I just filed mine for paradise township and its 1.25% is that the same thing?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    Where is this stated on a LTCF application? I never heard of anyone having to provide this type of information???

edit: i just checked the monroe website:

Paperwork Necessary for Concealed Weapons Permit
    Download complete Instruction Sheet. Be sure to read the ENTIRE Instruction Sheet, front and back, PRIOR to completing the application. The application MUST have both sides printed on one sheet of paper.
    Pennsylvania Driver's License or Pennsylvania Non-Driver Photo Identification Card
    Photocopy of Local 1% Earned Income Tax or other tax paper if retired/disabled (Please refer to full instruction sheet for information)
    2 References (Must be Monroe County Residents - Please refer to full instruction sheet for reference requirements)
    If disabled - Written documentation from your doctor or social security explaining the nature of your disability.
    Copy of your DD-214 if you were in the military.
    Non U.S. Citizens need to provide the Immigration Identification Number. Please bring to the office as it must be photocopied for your file.
    Your photograph will be taken at the time of application.

Pretty crazy if you ask me, glad i live in the county i do
    Can the sheriff be sued under HB80 for these illegal requirements?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Can the sheriff be sued under HB80 for these illegal requirements?
    I would venture that the sheriff didn't make up the requirements, but rather took office since and is in charge of seeing that they are met. I'm curious though how much these requirements vary from county to county.

I wonder, for example, are all PA LTCF valid for 5 years or is that only in Monroe County too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast