Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Nosy Neighbor Puts Up Sign to “Out” Concealed Carrier

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/10/19/nosy-...ealed-carrier/

Nosy Neighbor Puts Up Sign to “Out” Concealed Carrier

October 19, 2014 By Greg Campbell

ZHalleckSomeone has too much time on their hands…

A nosy neighbor recently spotted a man walking his daughters to school who accidentally flashed his concealed carry piece. So, in response, she did what any of us would do: she went about minding her own business and remembered that it was his right to carry a weapon.

Just kidding; she went ballistic and has mounted a campaign to “out” the concealed carrier and try to shame him by putting up signs alerting neighbors that the man carries a concealed weapon.

Matthew Halleck walks his daughters to school every day and he carries a firearm. Careful to comply with all state laws, the father stops short of walking onto school property and stays across the street while seeing his daughters off to their elementary school.

It seems that Halleck may have let his gun poke out at one point, because a neighbor across the street has gone off the deep-end and put up a sign to out the responsible citizen.

KAALTV reports:
    Recently a sign went up in a front yard across the street from the school. It has Matthew’s picture on it and reads, “This man carries a loaded gun around your children every day.”

“Since we don’t have a way to stop him, we felt it was important to notify the neighborhood and the parents that there is an armed man in their presence,” said Kimberly Edson, a Rochester resident who put the sign up. “The first couple days of school he had it very visible, we saw it and were quite concerned,” she said.

Kimberly called the police the day the picture was taken, but they said Matthew has a legal right to carry off school property. Matthew also contacted authorities concerning the sign, and while they briefly took the sign down, it was eventually determined that Kimberly was also breaking no laws. “He has a 2nd Amendment right to carry the gun, I have my 1st Amendment right to say that I don’t like it,” said Edson…

“I have a responsibility to help create the kind of community I want to see, and I don’t want to see a community where there are guns around schools,” said Edson.

“If it heightens the awareness for folks out there that are confident enough, and see the changes in the world to add an extra layer of protection, I encourage people to do it,” said Halleck.
    It’s true; there is nothing illegal about what Edson is doing. However, “illegal” and “outright crazy” are really two different things…

Every day, millions of Americans carry concealed weapons and try to find the balance between remaining armed and protected and not unnecessarily alarming those who remain ignorant about the realities of our world. Therefore, carrying concealed is often the best method and alerting others to the fact that one is armed defeats this purpose and should be avoided. Still, it happens.

In all likelihood, Halleck chose to carry concealed so as to not cause alarm. If Edson is bent on alerting everyone to this supposed menace, Halleck should do-away with the secrecy and open carry and watch the anti-gun hysteria commence.

And as for Edson, I suggest finding a hobby.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Nosy Neighbor Puts Up Sign to “Out” Concealed Carrier

He should put up a sign with her picture on it stating that she is against all forms of self-defense, especially firearms. Hey, what's good for the gander.

Sounds like we've found a potential location for the next meet and greet.

(Carbon County)

And add that they have large amounts of cash, precious metals and prescrption drugs, no alarm system, and it takes police 25 minutes to arrive.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; October 19th, 2014 at 09:54 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    He should put up a sign with her picture on it stating that she is against all forms of self-defense, especially firearms. Hey, what's good for the gander.

LOL!

"the old bag next door has no guns and lots of expensive jewelry"

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    Put up a sign pointing toward her house saying unarmed victem.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

I have a bigger issue with the nosy neighbor. According to a quick Google search, Kim Edson is a librarian at the local Rochester, MN library. According to her Facebook profile she is married to another woman.

I'd like to see someone put up a sign warning the city residents that their children are being exposed to the dangers of homosexuality and someone we should find trustworthy (a librarian) is a threat to their heterosexuality.

Here is another story with video interviews of the both parties.
    http://www.kaaltv.com/article/stories/s3586421.shtml

Here is the nosy neighbor's Facebook page. Feel free to leave her a comment.
    https://www.facebook.com/kdedson

Library information identifying her as an employee.
    http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Kim-Edson/78866962

No, I don't really thing a gay woman is a threat but those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I don't have a link to prove she is a liberal democrat.... but my profiling radar is pinging.
    Last edited by MT1; October 19th, 2014 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    And add that they have large amounts of cash, precious metals and prescrption drugs, no alarm system and it takes police 25 minutes to arrive.
    Just don't lie and say she's a hottie.....

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    I have a bigger issue with the nosy neighbor. According to a quick Google search, Kim Edson is a librarian at the local Rochester, MN library. According to her Facebook profile she is married to another woman.

I'd like to see someone put up a sign warning the city residents that their children are being exposed to the dangers of homosexuality and someone we should find trustworthy (a librarian) is a threat to their heterosexuality.

Here is another story with video interviews of the both parties.
    http://www.kaaltv.com/article/stories/s3586421.shtml

Here is the nosy neighbor's Facebook page. Feel free to leave her a comment.
    https://www.facebook.com/kdedson

Library information identifying her as an employee.
    http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Kim-Edson/78866962

No, I don't really thing a gay woman is a threat but those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I don't have a link to prove she is a liberal democrat.... but my profiling radar is pinging.
    Awesome. He should put up a sign that this woman licks pussy near your children every day. Also, the news guy in the video doesn't know the difference between *liable* and *libel*. Guess they don't teach english in journalism school anymore. Isn't what she's doing be considered *bullying*? I know that's like the biggest hot button issue in schools these days. Guess no one cares when it's an AgendaProg doing it to a hickville gun hick.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast