Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default !!! ALL PASSENGERS ARE ADVISED !!!

The Secret valley Train from Boyertown to Pottstown was open for the first time today 10/18/14. I bought Tickets early so we were guaranteed a seat. I was concerned about carrying CC on the Train. Since I did not not see any signs prohibiting CC I got on the Train.

Then I read the back of the Ticket after getting on the train. The Ticket reads as follows word for word!

!!! ALL PASSENGERS ARE ADVISED !!!

Discharge of Firearms from within Coaches and Spitting of Tobacco on Coach Stoves is Strictly prohibited.

Games of Chance and Intoxicating Liquors are Permitted Only in Parlor Car. Livestock and Unruly Children Must be Checked with the Baggage Agent.

Conductors Cannot Accept I.O.U.s, Produce, Baked Goods, or Other forms of Barter in Lieu of Legal Tender.

After reading the Ticket I was all Doesn't it make you wonder WTF made them come up with Rules like this??
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: !!! ALL PASSENGERS ARE ADVISED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    The Secret valley Train from Boyertown to Pottstown was open for the first time today 10/18/14. I bought Tickets early so we were guaranteed a seat. I was concerned about carrying CC on the Train. Since I did not not see any signs prohibiting CC I got on the Train.

Then I read the back of the Ticket after getting on the train. The Ticket reads as follows word for word!

!!! ALL PASSENGERS ARE ADVISED !!!

Discharge of Firearms from within Coaches and Spitting of Tobacco on Coach Stoves is Strictly prohibited.

Games of Chance and Intoxicating Liquors are Permitted Only in Parlor Car. Livestock and Unruly Children Must be Checked with the Baggage Agent.

Conductors Cannot Accept I.O.U.s, Produce, Baked Goods, or Other forms of Barter in Lieu of Legal Tender.

After reading the Ticket I was all Doesn't it make you wonder WTF made them come up with Rules like this??
    Um, no.

What makes me wonder is why they don't use a period coal fired locomotive with the period rules for passengers on this historical train ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Um, no.

What makes me wonder is why they don't use a period coal fired locomotive with the period rules for passengers on this historical train ride.
    They are working on a Steam Train. It all comes down to Money!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

I hope the people of PAFOA support railroads like this! I DO!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Its kind of tongue in cheek rules that might have been more seriously stated at the turn of the century. Unruly children and livestock , food items bartered for train fare, etc.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Yes it's supposed to be a period train line, so they came up with a cute ticket to look like what it would have said at the time.

This train line, if you read the papers from the time it was approved, is political theft. The supposed charity behind the creation of the line has a board of directors. Every one of them is on the board of a for-profit company that intends to use that same rail line for profitable freight lines. The non-profit gets the state to pay to fix the rails for the play train, while the for-profit gets the lines fixed for free for their money train. Surprise.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix View Post

This train line, if you read the papers from the time it was approved, is political theft. The supposed charity behind the creation of the line has a board of directors. Every one of them is on the board of a for-profit company that intends to use that same rail line for profitable freight lines. The non-profit gets the state to pay to fix the rails for the play train, while the for-profit gets the lines fixed for free for their money train. Surprise.
    Oh, come on now. That would be unethical. Say it ain't so...

(York County)

Eh, those rules were put in place in the same way gun control laws were put in place, and neither criminals nor railway hobos will obey or give a damn.
    TERRA MAGNUM IMPERIUM

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix View Post
    Yes it's supposed to be a period train line, so they came up with a cute ticket to look like what it would have said at the time.

It might very well be word for word copy of the original 19th century ticket. Those things are available in museums etc.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Um, no.

Exactly! And where was the oil lanterns? Did the conductor have a modern style ticket punch?

Bet he had a digital watch too.
    God Bless America and pass the ammunition!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast