Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Glock C models

Default Glock C models

Just letting everyone know, Cabela's has Glock 17,22 and 19 C models in stock. They have Georgia proof marks and are marked USA on the slide. Best part, they also have the old frying pan jet black finish.

Maybe they are still making them, not really sure.
    "Glocks are 5 times as addictive as crack"

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Glock C models

Being Cabela's I'm sure they are priced accordingly, too.

(Chester County)

Bought my first Glock. Got the G-42, 380, latest edition.
    Disassembled, cleaned and relubed.

Saw this rust color, thought factory shipping grease. So I removed it. It was hard to get rid of it. Went immediately to the range and shot 150 rds. Accurate and felt great in my hands. I love this gun. My wife saw it on the bench, handled it and had the look of, I like this one. I'm worried.

When I got some time I read the manual and damn it! The manual said "do not remove copper lubrication" I have some SW M&P's and Bersa Thunders, there's no "do not remove" for these.

Is removing the copper lube going to caused me some problems?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post

Saw this rust color, thought factory shipping grease. So I removed it. It was hard to get rid of it. Went immediately to the range and shot 150 rds. Accurate and felt great in my hands. I love this gun. My wife saw it on the bench, handled it and had the look of, I like this one. I'm worried.

When I got some time I read the manual and damn it! The manual said "do not remove copper lubrication" I have some SW M&P's and Bersa Thunders, there's no "do not remove" for these.

Nahhh... do not sweat it. Make sure to use a grease based lube sparingly... not just a CLP. That gun will run... shoot it with confidence.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post

It is basically copper anti seize. A lot of guys remove it and relube with their preferred oil before they shoot it. On the new Glocks I bought I usually just put a little oil on the key points and leave the factory grease in for the first range trip. After I get back from the range I remove it all. It is nothing special.

Now that they are more available I'd like to pick up a G42 also. Though Glock is supposed to release a 9mm version mid next year.(but you know how that goes)

(Montgomery County)

The previous responses are correct - not a big deal that you removed the copper lube. Just do a normal cleaning and lubrication and you'll be fine. It would have worn off in not too long a while anyway. It's just a little extra protection from the factory. (Don't overdo the lubrication - on a Glock, a little in the right spots is enough.)

(Chester County)

Thanks guy for the help.

If you going to get a G42, be sure it's the updated version. I read the original version had some problems.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tmygun View Post
    What did they update? Just curious as Glocks are perfection
    From October 2014 issue of Concealed Carry titled :GLOCK42. Subsection:
    "The Heartbreak of Beta Testing":

"Early models resulted in failures to feed, failures to eject and failures to reassemble or print accurately on a target."