Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Applying for LTCF in Allegheny via Email?

Was just researching the application stuff for Allegheny County, and was ont he sheriff's office page. I noticed now that they are accepting applications through regular mail (printing out the application) as well as emails?

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea if this even works? They need copies of identification, so I'm unsure of how an emailed application is going to work without that information.

I planned on going in person anyways (was mostly looking for the times the office is open) and noticed this. Figured it'd be something to discuss, since this seems progressive in the way they're doing things, but possibly a little unsafe with information being submitted through regular email...

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Applying for LTCF in Allegheny via Email?

Forgot to give a link.

http://www.sheriffalleghenycounty.com/firearm_2K08.html

Hope someone has some information.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ohsee View Post
    Was just researching the application stuff for Allegheny County, and was ont he sheriff's office page. I noticed now that they are accepting applications through regular mail (printing out the application) as well as emails?

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea if this even works? They need copies of identification, so I'm unsure of how an emailed application is going to work without that information.

I planned on going in person anyways (was mostly looking for the times the office is open) and noticed this. Figured it'd be something to discuss, since this seems progressive in the way they're doing things, but possibly a little unsafe with information being submitted through regular email...
    You just have to provide those documents when you go in to pick up your license.

I have two friends who just got their LTCF through the mail-in program.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by lildobe View Post
    You just have to provide those documents when you go in to pick up your license.
    To clarify, for mail-in you need to include a photocopy of the required documents (2 total) with your paper application. For email, you need to scan and include the documents with your digital application. Either way of applying remotely that you choose, you need include the documents with the application then bring the SAME two documents you used in your application to the Sheriff's office along with your cash and the yellow card that you receive in the mail. If you apply in person (this requires two visits to the sheriff's office) you need the original documents on your first visit, and cash and the yellow card on your return visit. Keep in mind they'll be taking your picture when you go to pick up your permit.

Sorry for replying to a 2-year-old thread but I wanted to clear up potential confusion. If you read the Sheriff's firearms page (years after this question was asked) it's a lot more easily understood.

http://www.sheriffalleghenycounty.com/firearms.html

-LoH

(Allegheny County)

Did the email for my renewal. I signed up for my original in Butler County, took 7 days to get the card to get my picture taken. Overall a fast and easy experience. Glad to see they have something that works...

Now to decide about a CLEO sign off or not for a SBR.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...