Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: FNH FNS-9L

(Chester County)

Default FNH FNS-9L

So the FNS-9L I ordered ten days ago is now in my possession. This will be more of a non-existent review until I get to the range. Here are my initial impressions:

BOX
    Gun came in a nice hard box with the gun, three mags, extra backstage, lock, paperwork, and factory fired test round.

FEEL
    Gun fits wonderfully in the hand with the rounded backstrap. I'm able to get a nice high grip on it but the beaver tail prevents slide bite. The mag release, IMHO, is perfect. Large enough to toggle quickly but small enough not to get in the way. Slide release is small and requires some force to toggle. Takedown lever is a toggle down type. No issues there, although the slide has to be in just the right spot to slide off. Not a real issue. Grip has aggressive checkering that really allows for a great handle.

TRIGGER
    This is somewhat controversial and subject to individuals. I personally love the trigger. Small take-up and very crisp break. Little gritty on the take-up but I suppose that will work it's way out with time and rounds down range.

Overall, the gun is wonderful. Great lock-up and perfect feel. I will follow up with a range report.

(Chester County)

Default Re: FNH FNS-9L

I've been looking to grope on one of these but havnt seen one in a shop ever.
    Interested in your range report and curious how much did you have to pay for it

Jeff

(Chester County)

Hey Jeff-
    Lincoln University isn't too far away. If you'd like to swing by sometime and handle (read: fondle) I'm sure we could arrange something. PM me. As for the price, I got it for a steal. Researched all the best options: most were floating around $600-650 with the exception being Buds. Got it on "make an offer" at $509.00 + $24.99 lifetime warranty. Range report will come tomorrow after I get back from either Ommelandon or Elk Neck.

(Allegheny County)

I have a FNS 9 with no manual safety. So far it's been a great shooter and the trigger has got better with use, I really like the gun.

Downfalls as follows, mags are expensive, very little after market support.

(Chester County)

Got to the range finally. Here is some info:

First 30 rounds were shot at 15 feet. I wanted to get a feel for where I was going to have to aim. The answer: dead ass on. This gun (and me) put a 2" group over three mags loaded with ten rounds. Dot covered the center bullseye and after the thirty rounds that bullseye was gone, dead, nonexistent. The slide release was MUCH easier to operate with rounds in the gun. The trigger loosened right up. Everything functioned flawlessly.

Next 70 rounds were at 30 feet. Same idea as above. I had a couple fliers but that was my own doing. I was able to go ten for ten on a two inch shootnsee target multiple times. This gun is wonderful.

I ended up shooting 300 rounds without a single issue. I could easily have gone for another 1000 but lack of both time and ammo prevented that. Absolutely wonderful gun. Highly recommended.

Ergo: 5/5
    Accuracy: Better than I'll ever be.
    Trigger: 4/5 but I think this will clean up after more rounds.
    Handling: 5/5
    Sights: subjective but these are the best stock sights I've seen this far.