Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default LTCF In Philadelphia Question

How much is the cost of it, I see it for 20 and 25, did they update it?
    For the 2 proof of residence, could i put 2 different credit card or 2 banks?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: LTCF In Philadelphia Question

$20

Proof of residence - DL, old LTCF, auto insurance card, utility bills, monthly mortage statement. Bank statements might work.
    Their web site has a list. http://www.phillypolice.com/assets/d...pplication.pdf
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Philadelphia County)

For proof of residency, I usually advise to bring three instead of the two form requirement, just in case. If you have a vehicle, bring the current registration and insurance card along with your voter registration card. These are easier than trying to find your bills.
    Those who dare.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointman73 View Post
    For proof of residency, I usually advise to bring three instead of the two form requirement, just in case. If you have a vehicle, bring the current registration and insurance card along with your voter registration card. These are easier than trying to find your bills.

Yup .. Back when got mine I brought 2 months of electric bills and they asked for 2 separate bills .

luckily from growing up in NJ i expected this kind of thing and had other stuff available

(Philadelphia County)

I see they are still asking for the two non family references. Last I heard, one of the recent judgements against them in a law suit required them to do away with that. Has anyone heard anymore about this?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chvyrs90 View Post
    I see they are still asking for the two non family references. Last I heard, one of the recent judgements against them in a law suit required them to do away with that. Has anyone heard anymore about this?
    BUMP. Good question.

(Montgomery County)

When you say they are "still asking" do you mean the statewide LTCF form promulgated by the PA State Police still asks for it, or are you saying that they are demanding references in some manner other than just handing you a copy of the statewide LTCF form? They don't have to change the statewide form, you just don't have to put down references if you don't want to and they cannot deny you for refusing to provide references.

Quote Originally Posted by Chvyrs90 View Post

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGlock View Post
    When you say they are "still asking" do you mean the statewide LTCF form promulgated by the PA State Police still asks for it, or are you saying that they are demanding references in some manner other than just handing you a copy of the statewide LTCF form? They don't have to change the statewide form, you just don't have to put down references if you don't want to and they cannot deny you for refusing to provide references.

Ahhh sneaky bastards, I should have expected that from them. When I'm filling out government form I know not to leave anything blank....They should update the form.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm aware they can still ask, but are they following through with processing them with the references?

(Delaware County)

I'm also really interested if leaving that part blank will get it denied. All my good friends are anti gun or anti government and are too paranoid to put their name on such a form.

Reading this from July 22 concerning the class action lawsuit regarding disclosure of LTCF info:

"John Doe, et al., v. City of Philadelphia, et al, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas docket no. 121203785, stemming from the City’s posting and disclosing of what we alleged was confidential license to carry firearms (LTCF) information....

...The City will not require references on the LTCF application and will not contact any references listed on the LTCF application
    "

I still think some miffed PD clerk will deny my app because they just don't like CCW'ers

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast