Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: LTCF In Philadelphia Question

Quote Originally Posted by KAT-21 View Post
    You are correct. I misread this part "They take the photo that's on your license." I understood this to mean they used the your driver license photo...LOL Stupid of me..Sorry
    So I really don't have to respond
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Dauphin County)

There is no basis in law for a sheriff or the Philly police to require that you supply a photo. It's not in the statutes, and the statutes are quite particular about what one is required to do in order to apply. The problem is that abuses of this sort are usually too inconvenient and costly to challenge. You have to be highly motivated and well-funded to mount a challenge to such provisions and to most people it's just not worth the cost and trouble.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Montgomery County)

I just spoke to a lawyer, while he couldn't give me actual council since it was more of less of him doing me the favor of giving me a little recommendation. But he directed me to this: http://www.phila.gov/InformationCent...xhibit%20E.pdf

Which states a slew of changes in their illegal behavior that has been changed. Unfortunately I didn't renew before it was covered under the jurisdiction of the philadelphia courts unfortunately if there's any problems coming up. I don't really have time to get people to fill out this form, but I don't know how motivated someone would be to put their ID number on a police form and give it back to me and everything.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by NonLinearEdits View Post
    I just spoke to a lawyer, while he couldn't give me actual council since it was more of less of him doing me the favor of giving me a little recommendation. But he directed me to this: http://www.phila.gov/InformationCent...xhibit%20E.pdf

Which states a slew of changes in their illegal behavior that has been changed. Unfortunately I didn't renew before it was covered under the jurisdiction of the philadelphia courts unfortunately if there's any problems coming up. I don't really have time to get people to fill out this form, but I don't know how motivated someone would be to put their ID number on a police form and give it back to me and everything.
    Not sure what form you are referring to that you would need "people" to fill out. You fill out the application, no other forms are required. Just bring the rest of the required documents listed on the instruction form.
    Last edited by KAT-21; November 14th, 2016 at 09:22 AM. Reason: typo

(Montgomery County)

Not sure what form you are referring to that you would need "people" to fill out. You fill out the application, no other forms are required. Just bring the just of the required documents listed on the instruction form.
    http://www.phillypolice.com/assets/d...pplication.pdf

Their License Application includes the "requirement" for two people to fill out two sheets of reference paperwork including their drivers license number, address and phone number and character generalizations about you. It looks like they took the reference sheets for NJ's handgun purchase permit and put their own logo at the top.

(Philadelphia County)

http://www.phillypolice.com/assets/d...pplication.pdf

Their License Application includes the "requirement" for two people to fill out two sheets of reference paperwork including their drivers license number, address and phone number and character generalizations about you. It looks like they took the reference sheets for NJ's handgun purchase permit and put their own logo at the top.
    The City never updated their website. Everything is accurate EXCEPT the fact that the reference forms are required. They are NOT required. Even if you bring them with you, filled out (like I did), they will toss them aside and tell you that they don't need them.

(Philadelphia County)

Thank you guys for this information.As annoying as the whole thing is I just might go down there and apply on one of my upcoming days off from work.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Thank you guys for this information.As annoying as the whole thing is I just might go down there and apply on one of my upcoming days off from work.
    I walked in with another woman today forgetting they were closed for veterans day. My permit expires 12/1 and last I heard they're using all 45 days they have still to process these things.

(Philadelphia County)

I walked in with another woman today forgetting they were closed for veterans day. My permit expires 12/1 and last I heard they're using all 45 days they have still to process these things.
    Mine expired a few years ago and I have made a few attempts to reapply only to walk out and leave from being aggravated by something or other down there.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

The City never updated their website. Everything is accurate EXCEPT the fact that the reference forms are required. They are NOT required. Even if you bring them with you, filled out (like I did), they will toss them aside and tell you that they don't need them.
    So they no longer make you get prints done, ask about tattoos/scars, deny for parking tickets, etc.. Since those things are not a qualifier to get denied yet philly use to.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast