Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: LTCF In Philadelphia Question

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    What passport photo...
    (This is sarcasm, sort of. There really isn't any such requirement, legally. More Philly B.S. that needs to be challenged, and should have been addressed in the recent settlement.)
    I hear you, but I'm originally from Jersey where all sorts of things that aren't in the law go into a simple township FID (permit to purchase) applications such as reference info sheets, $60 fingerprinting fees, and 3x the legally mandated maximum waiting period.

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    They contacted your references?
    Not mine, not yet, but I believe the law now mandates that they cannot contact references.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPPQM2 View Post
    Thanks for posting your recent experitence. I do know two references I could use but I shouldn't have to!
    I'm happy to help! The machine they use for fingerprinting is SUPER COOL!

(Philadelphia County)

Talking Re: LTCF In Philadelphia Question

Bump---

I just spoke to the detective assigned to my case and he says I'll be approved! Less than 1 month since I filed my paperwork and well within the legally allotted time for the PD to approve or deny the application -- as of today it has been 23 calendar days since I filed.

Be advised that I brought loads of documentation including proof of address, PA DL, birth certificate, social security card, and the court order for my name change.

Philadelphians, I wish you fortune and safety.

(Delaware County)

Nice!

I don't have my SS card or birth certificate here (mom's house in NY). Guess I could get a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanLadyboy View Post
    Bump---

I just spoke to the detective assigned to my case and he says I'll be approved! Less than 1 month since I filed my paperwork and well within the legally allotted time for the PD to approve or deny the application -- as of today it has been 23 calendar days since I filed.

Be advised that I brought loads of documentation including proof of address, PA DL, birth certificate, social security card, and the court order for my name change.

Philadelphians, I wish you fortune and safety.
    I'd like to see how it would have went down if you refused the fingerprinting as it is not a requirement and you legally can not be denied for refusing to comply to an unofficial requirement, check out the UFA. I have my prints on file with the fri for school reasons but refuse to get a LTCF because the ppd wants them. Now that the bill was passed by the governor last year the ppd will have to comply more with the UFA or face costly appeals.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPPQM2 View Post
    Nice!

I don't have my SS card or birth certificate here (mom's house in NY). Guess I could get a copy.
    You don't need either one and actually neither is any good. You need documents with name and address, and all documents should match. PA drivers license or photo ID card plus two more proofs of residency. Auto insurance card and registration cards, as well as utility bills, bank statements.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Philadelphia County)

@PhillyPPQM2, Sparks is right- the listed documents were not necessarily required but more documentation might help an application be processed. The officer who conducted my on-the-spot interview was very happy to take copies of all my documentation. Maybe she was trying to gather documentation to verify my identity, maybe she was looking for ways to disqualify me? Maybe she was just gathering information for the PPD's citywide Echelon project.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill990 View Post
    I'd like to see how it would have went down if you refused the fingerprinting...
    I don't know for sure, but it is clear that the bureaucracy makes demands that the law does not. For example, I showed up to the office without references on my application, but when the clerks demanded references I provided them.

A court battle might win a permit application without references, fingerprints, etc, but I'll leave that kind of activism to somebody with more resources.

ps. What's the UFA?

(Chester County)

@PhillyPPQM2, Sparks is right- the listed documents were not necessarily required but more documentation might help an application be processed. The officer who conducted my on-the-spot interview was very happy to take copies of all my documentation. Maybe she was trying to gather documentation to verify my identity, maybe she was looking for ways to disqualify me? Maybe she was just gathering information for the PPD's citywide Echelon project.

I don't know for sure, but it is clear that the bureaucracy makes demands that the law does not. For example, I showed up to the office without references on my application, but when the clerks demanded references I provided them.

A court battle might win a permit application without references, fingerprints, etc, but I'll leave that kind of activism to somebody with more resources.

ps. What's the UFA?
    Pennsylvania Uniform Firearms Act of 1995 memorialized as Chapter 61 in Title 18 - link. It encompasses the bulk, but not all, of the firearm related statutes.
    IANAL

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up Re: LTCF In Philadelphia Question

LTCF issued. = D

(Delaware County)

LTCF issued. = D
    Good news

I'll try my luck now and update.

(Delaware County)

Approval letter received. That was a 30 day wait. Guess I'll pick it up on Monday.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast