Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Scranton club

(Pike County)

Default Scranton club

hello all I'm fairly new to the area (Pike) and I'm looking for a club to join. I see factoryville is not far but requires a sponsor Scranton isn't far either and doesn't look like a sponsor is needed. Can anyone tell me what the facilities are like there? Are moving drills ok? Steel targets? Range lengths? Any info that you think will help me will be appreciated. Are there any other places I should consider other than the game lands?

Default Re: Scranton club

Can't help you with the information you're looking for, but will be keeping an eye on this thread as I'll be spending a fair amount of time in that very same area for work and hope to find the time to do some shooting while there as well.

(Lackawanna County)

I have lived in Scranton my entire life and I know of no such place . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnavy View Post
    hello all I'm fairly new to the area (Pike) and I'm looking for a club to join. I see factoryville is not far but requires a sponsor Scranton isn't far either and doesn't look like a sponsor is needed. Can anyone tell me what the facilities are like there? Are moving drills ok? Steel targets? Range lengths? Any info that you think will help me will be appreciated. Are there any other places I should consider other than the game lands?

(Lackawanna County)

factpryville and wilkes barre rifle and pistol club are about your only options

(Lackawanna County)

The Scranton Club appears to be mostly oriented to service rifle matches.

From their website http://www.scrantonrpclub.com/index.html

"We mainly shoot US Military service rifles and pistols like the M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, 1903 & A3 Springfield rifles and the M1A rifle.

Membership entitles member to shoot at all matches for a fee and also use the range at their leisure.

Dues are $100 for new members & $75 for renewing members."

Their range is located in East Benton Twp. behind the Lackawanna State Park.

You might also try New Milford R&P Club http://rifleandpistol.weebly.com/ I see their ads in the local penny saver but I don't have any direct knowledge about them.
    Last edited by nepa_go; October 29th, 2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: incomplete as posted

+1 for Factoryville and WB Rifle and Pistol. I do not belong to either one, but it is only because i don't really have enough time on my hands to get involved with a club.

One way to consider getting in is getting involved with the shoots they have open to the public. WB is big on IDPA, so you can sign up and go to matches and get close with the guys who are members. Factoryville and WB are also big on CMP shoots, so if you have an AR, M1, or M1a and would like to shoot a match, they are always looking for more participation on those events. They also have other shooting events open to the public.

Check their websites for more details.

http://www.fscweb.org/

www.wbrp.net