Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Better late than Never, Corbett hammers Wolf

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Better late than Never, Corbett hammers Wolf

I've seen this commercial a few times and I love it.

Instead of taxing more, how about spending less? I already pay school tax, why does my state have a department for education? How many people work there? How many of them teach students? Any? How about if I pay my school tax, and if other districts can't afford their school districts, too bad for them?

(Northampton County)

It is nice. It's also about 2 years too late. I know there are some people here that will let Wolf get elected because Corbet didn't end the PSP registry, but that's not even 0.1% of the vote. His two problems are absolutely zero PR during his term and people blaming him for Joe Pa (also PR). If you ranked the states by the percentage of citizens that knew who their governor actually was I think PA would be in the bottom 5.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    It is nice. It's also about 2 years too late. I know there are some people here that will let Wolf get elected because Corbet didn't end the PSP registry, but that's not even 0.1% of the vote. His two problems are absolutely zero PR during his term and people blaming him for Joe Pa (also PR). If you ranked the states by the percentage of citizens that knew who their governor actually was I think PA would be in the bottom 5.
    The Paterno worship kills me. One person on PennLive stated his intention to vote Wolf because Corbett didn't do right by Paterno. I told him he should pray to Saint Paterno to get his taxes reduced if Wolf ends up in office.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(York County)

That was funny! I just posted it to facebook; hopefully it converts at least one person I know to vote the 'right' way!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix View Post
    Instead of taxing more, how about spending less? I already pay school tax, why does my state have a department for education? How many people work there? How many of them teach students? Any? How about if I pay my school tax, and if other districts can't afford their school districts, too bad for them?
    For years now, seems like every time the news teams get a teacher to comment on camera we have to hear how they have to spend "their" money to buy supplies for the poor shoeless, hungry children in their classrooms.

Paper, pencils. all the stuff the school district did not budget for I guess...

When I went to school and when our kid went, "we" the parents bought all the supplies they needed. Every year before school starts, you can't get in a C V S or Staples, etc. 'cause all the kids are in there buyin' the stuff they need for the year.

So what are all these supplies the teachers have to buy out of pocket for the kids in their classes?

Truly, even if they do dip into their pocketbooks for this or that, how much $$$ are we talking about? Are those teachers goin' hungry after they get back from Staples with their haul for "the children"?

I am having a hard time believing that teacher union backed Bravo Sierra!

I am also sick of watching all of our tax money that gets poured into school districts not go to what would continue a solid education to the kids in that district.

Instead, filling the teachers union accounts and then we have to watch them strike 'cause they may have to kick in a little towards their benefits.

Just sayin'
    Last edited by L T C; October 10th, 2014 at 05:13 PM.

(Washington County)

When I went to school the District supplied a reasonable amount of supplies for the year. Of course there was only one administrator for the school and eight teachers not the other way around.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by L T C View Post
    For years now, seems like every time the news teams get a teacher to comment on camera we have to hear how they have to spend "their" money to buy supplies for the poor shoeless, hungry children in their classrooms
    How much "education" money goes to educate kids? How much goes into "administration" like School Principals who make $200,000 a year? How much goes into fat pension plans for school teachers?

I bump into people my own age who are retired School Teachers. Until they draw their last breaths, maybe twenty or thirty years from now, they're gonna get monthly check and Obama approved Medical services.

That money comes from "education funding". Right off the top.

We got people who haven't saved a penny for retirement. A lot of us have 401K and if we're lucky we can make it last until we drop dead. Lots of pension funds have gone flat busted broke. People get fifty cents on the Dollar for their pensions, if they're lucky. Ask steelworkers who worked at LTV.

Meanwhile the School Teachers have it made. They just squeeze the taxpayers a little more. School teachers want Tom Wolf because he'll keep the gravy train a coming. Mo money..... from you and me.

(Lawrence County)

Late may not suffice.

Polls still show Wolf the predator ahead by twenty points. Unless Wolf says something outrageous, unfortunately he's our next governor.

All that's left is the legislature. We must make it Wolf-proof. Otherwise, we'll be New York.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast