Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Archbald range

(Lackawanna County)

Default Archbald range

Had a bad experience there today. Can anyone relate or was this an isolated incident?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Archbald range

Details?

I hate the Archbald range (SGL 300)...especially the pistol side.

I'd rather take my chances at the range in Tobyhanna (SGL 127). Tobyhanna can get bad on the weekends with the NJ/NY riffraff, but during the week, it us generally a nice range.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Details?
    I was swept at the pistol range multiple times by a few different people. Unintentionally of course, however I said something as politley as I could to one gentleman next to me and he sort of flipped a shit. I walked away and packed my shit up and made my way over to the rifle range. Basically the same thing happened to me. There were a group of older guys in their 60;s or 70's. One of the guys walked out in front of the firing line while I was mid shot. No one even called the range clear. And to top it off the two on the end closest to me swept me as well. I kept my mouth shut and cut my visit short, again packing up my shit and taking off.

(Lackawanna County)

That's the kind of crap that cuts my weekend trips to the range short in Tobyhanna. My experience: You can tell the type...group of people (I've seen as many as 8) with one or two guns...all "trying it." I doubt they all have hunting licenses or range permits. I'd sooner think none of them do.

During the week though, Tobyhanna is a great place to shoot. Are you familiar with where it is? It's not far from Scranton. Easy on/off of I-380.

(Lackawanna County)

Yea I could find it. Archbald is a little closer which is why I haven't really looked anywhere else. I usually shoot at my buddies family club out towards Hawley and when that's not available I go to Archbald. This unfortunalyy was the last time and it seems as if tobyhanna will be the new place now.

(Lackawanna County)

I mostly shoot at Tobyhanna and the Blue Ridge Cherry Valley Gun Club.

I'll also shoot in my back yard once the leaves fall. There is a hill that rises up about 50 or so yards into the woods behind my property. With the leaves and ground growth during the summer months, I can't be sure there isn't anything in those 50ish yards before the hill.

(Lackawanna County)

Yeah this time of year Archbald range gets kinda crowded, mostly with geezers dusting off 'Ol Betsy for her annual 8 shot/6 hour sighting in ceremony.

Most of the year though if you go on a weekday it's empty a lot of the time. The mag limits annoy me though, even though Archbald is 5 minutes from my office I go shoot at a private club 25 min away
    I'm faster than Doc Holliday (with Novocaine of course)

(Wayne County)

The only reason I go to Archyballs is for the 200 yard range and our lunch stop at Backdrafts in Hamlin. I wish they would have put in a 200 yarder at Tobyhanna, I liked the old range before they moved.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDonJohnson View Post
    I was swept at the pistol range multiple times by a few different people. Unintentionally of course, however I said something as politley as I could to one gentleman next to me and he sort of flipped a shit.
    I had that happen there a few years ago. And the guy that did it had a badge hanging around his neck. At times he would stand on the other side of the range with his gun pointing toward the parking lot. We never went back there again.