Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Stop Wolf In His Tracks flyer

Hello:

Here is a flyer that can be downloaded, printed out, and distributed, which articulates the reasons that PA gun owners should be voting for Corbett and against Wolf in the upcoming election.

It's fairly straightforward and simple but gets the message across.

I hope you can find occasion to distribute it and/or pass it along.

Attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Stop Wolf In His Tracks flyer

I'm hoping for some that are non-gun-focused. Be honest; I know more non-gun types than gun types. I'd rather educate them ALL on how ALL will be ass-fucked by Wolf;

There wont be any coal or marcellus jobs for you or your kids if Wolf gets in the door.
    Your taxes will go up, your kids and grandkids - if stupid enough to stay in PA after you croak - will be paying the public employee pension fund debt.

You don't have to be 2A anything to understand the above...
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Allegheny County)

This would be a better flyer to sway the stupid among us.

To pay for what he is proposing just for education, PA. would have to raise the state income tax up to 6.8%.

Analysis-wolfs-fresh-start-plan-requires-huge-tax-increases

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    This would be a better flyer to sway the stupid among us.

To pay for what he is proposing just for education, PA. would have to raise the state income tax up to 6.8%.

Analysis-wolfs-fresh-start-plan-requires-huge-tax-increases
    Easy solution. Tuition. Either education will get more affordable for those who want it, or it won't. Either way, I don't have to pay anymore. I'm not getting any return on my investment whatsoever, except that when I'm off on weekdays, I can go to the store without encountering gangs of teens walking heads-to-their-feet on their phones and swearing and listening to the rap music with their flat brim hats.

As has been proven time and time again, you can't fix the school program by throwing MORE money at it and building MORE 30 million dollar buildings and committing to MORE pensioners and getting government MORE involved in the process. The reverse process is actually true. Getting more individuals involved, in both the actual education program development and execution, and the financial program development and execution, this is how you fix local education. I just don't care what Philadelphia does with its education system. I homeschool my niece and when she's old enough she'll go to private school. I'm on the Board of Trustees there and Alumni Committee, and I attend every meeting. Being involved in the steering of one's child's education is the obligation of every parent. Not the obligation of the state, and certainly not the obligation of other uninvolved parents.

Oh and F Wolf.

(Allegheny County)

Psssssssst..... wolf already won.

(Columbia County)

I appreciate your efforts but it might be a little too late. This was caused by the Governor doing a lousy job campaigning. He didn’t do anything to energize the gun owner vote. Speaking about the gun owner vote, I visited several gun shops within the last couple of months. Not one of them had had any type of flyers or propaganda displayed explaining the anti-gun attitude of Wolf and the potential of gun control being passed if he gets elected. Of course they had no problem selling guns and ammo for inflated prices in the wake of Sandy Hook. I sometimes suspect that some of the FFL holders look forward to gun control being seriously considered on a state and federal level so that people storm their shop buying the items they anticipate to be banned.( Again at inflated prices). I don’t go to gun shows anymore therefore I don’t know if any anti Wolf /pro Colbert literature is being displayed or distributed at the gun show locations. If it is, great, and if not, why isn’t it?
    To summarize, According to Real Clear Politics Colbert is 15 points behind Wolf. Colbert and his campaign people did a horrible job campaigning for his reelection. Gun owners are not being energized because, Colbert fail to make an appeal to them and places where gun owners gather such as gun shops refuse to participate or take a stand. Unless there is a silent majority out there the thought of Colbert being reelected is a lost cause.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; October 9th, 2014 at 01:44 AM. Reason: spelling

(Allegheny County)

Can't give up until Nov 5th. I agree that you wont find any pro-Corbett flyers in Gander or Dunhams or certainly Dick's - corporate stores could give a shit.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Northampton County)

We vote more in non-presidential elections. In PA (which is a Republican State) we vote a lot more, because the majority of our dems are in cities and don't come out.

I think there is a chance for an upset if we all show up.

I think there is a bigger chance that we lose but we see the final vote was much closer than expected, R/conservative/pro-2A turnout was lower than expected, and we could have won if we made or slightly exceeded the predicted turnout.

(Allegheny County)

Look, I understand that Corbett is way down in the polls, and it can get depressing looking at the polls, but you don't just give up a month before the election because it's looking bad. We may very well lose this fight but you just don't give up on something that important, because then you lose the fight not because the ENEMY overwhelmed you, but because you BEAT YOURSELF. The former has honor, the latter has none.

Now, for those of you who are saying that there are no flyers put up anywhere supporting Corbett, I just gave you a document you can download, print out, and post wherever they will let you--Gander Mountain, whatever.

I would not be at all surprised if Wolf is the next Governor of PA, but until the day on November 5 I wake up and read the official news, until that day I will fight for gun rights, which in this case is a no-brainer and translates into fighting for a Corbett re-election.

This is the voting equivalent of "From my cold, dead, hands." Wolf may be the next Governor, but it will be pulled from my (symbolic) dead, cold hands.

There is a lot to discuss pro and con on Wolf and Corbett on other issues other than 2nd Amendment, but I am no expert on those--others can discuss those more intelligently one way or another. For me, all other rights hinge on the strength of 2nd Amendment, and so that goes straight up on the list when it comes to deciding who to support in an election and how strongly to support them.

Thank you for listening.

(Allegheny County)

Also, I wanted to talk about the polls. The most recent Quinnipiac University poll that came out indeed showed that while the race is tightening, Corbett still lags behind by a wide margin.

But then I looked at the methodology used in the polls. They only surveyed a group of roughly 900 people. 900 people! I know there are all sorts of survey methodologies that are supposed to ensure that your sample set that you survey is representative of the population as a whole. So, I'm not saying they are wrong. However, I am not willing to toss in the towel simply because they talked to ONLY 900 Pennsylvanians, either! 900 surveyed people MAY or MAY NOT represent the entire millions in the state! I'm not willing to stop fighting at this point just because of what they are reporting at this point.

I looked at the methodology further. They use random phone calls to pick the people to survey. This is all well and good, but I think it could possibly underestimate the gun culture factor.

We shall see, but as the old saying goes, the only real poll that matters is the one on election day. Until then, it's ON, my friends!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast