Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Jefferson Sportsmen's Assoc. York County

I moved to the area last year. I was wondering if anyone in the forum belonged to the Jefferson Sportsmen's Association. I don't really know anyone in the area and am trying to find someone who would be willing to sponsor me. Please post if you know any members or if you are one. Thank you in advance.

(York County)

Default Re: Jefferson Sportsmen's Assoc. York County

Have you found a range yet? I recenty moved into the area as well and am looking for a range/club to visit/join.

sid

(York County)

I joined the New Freedom Armory for a year but I cancelled because their fees are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, several of their employees are complete JACKASSES, and their guest policy is UNACCEPTABLE. My Dad comes down from Pittsburgh maybe 3 times a year and once you PAY to be a guest once YOU MAY NEVER be a PAYING guest again. YOU MUST get a membership. DO NOT JOIN THIS RANGE, they are not apologetic about anything and they are very smug about their ludicrous policies and [lack of]customer service.

I am now considering the Issac Walton Society in York. It looks like a really nice place. Although its a shame I'll have to drive from Shrewsbury all the way to York. I welcome feedback from anyone who is familiar with the York Issac Walton, or IWS in General. I had never heard from them before.
    --BJR

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by VMI 2002 View Post
    I am now considering the Issac Walton Society in York. It looks like a really nice place. Although its a shame I'll have to drive from Shrewsbury all the way to York. I welcome feedback from anyone who is familiar with the York Issac Walton, or IWS in General. I had never heard from them before.
    --BJR
    http://www.seitzlandrifleclub.com/ This would be much closer for you. I'm not a member and have never been there so I can't give you any info about it.

(York County)

years ago i belonged to jefferson. it is more of a dog club than a gun club. they had a little 3 position rifle range in a tiny valley that was going to be threatened by development when i last looked.

seitzland is nice, and the isaac walton is really not that far from shrewsbury, just south of lake redman on Iron Ston Hill Road. it is a great club with nice shooting facilities.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
    and the isaac walton is really not that far from shrewsbury, just south of lake redman on Iron Ston Hill Road. it is a great club with nice shooting facilities.

I know where this but have never stopped in.

I'll have to check it out.

Sid

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
    years ago i belonged to jefferson. it is more of a dog club than a gun club. they had a little 3 position rifle range in a tiny valley that was going to be threatened by development when i last looked.
    I think what you are describing is the way the ranges used to be. Now they have firing points for 25, 50 and 100yds as well as points at 200 and 300yds. They have a separate range with targets at 7, 15, 25, and 55yds. I'm not sure how much of a threat encroachment is in that land in that township can't be developed as easily as in other areas. It is a club more geared to hunters though.