Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Remington R51 solution

So as most of us know Remington quickly stopped selling the R51 until they work all their issues out. Remington has not yet fixed the issues. On page 30 of this issue of American rifleman remington is advertising a solution to help those who already bought a R51. They wil replace your R51 with................a R51 that with pelican case and 2 mags!!!!!!
    Will any of y'all ever trust the R51? Future purchase when the issues are worked out?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Remington R51 solution

I was looking at buying one of these initially, but there is no way I would trust one. I've spent my money with a company that cares a bit more about their customers. Reading your post, if that is indeed what the article says, makes little sense on Remington's end. They know they have a defective product. They know they don't have a fix for it. So why in God's green earth would they send you another pistol that they KNOW has issues and is unsafe? It would be like a car company knowing they have a car that randomly bursts into flames. They can't figure out what's wrong, but they'll give you another one plus a year of free gas- but this one may explode too. Seems like a really poor move for Remington. Why not just refund purchases or allow a customer to upgrade to a 1911 or other product at a large discount?

http://www.remington.com/pages/news-...uctUpdate.aspx
    Remington says they have the flaw under control...

REMINGTON R51 PISTOL PRODUCT UPDATE
    July 25, 2014

remington

Earlier this year, we launched the innovative R51 subcompact pistol to critical acclaim. During testing, numerous experts found the pistol to function flawlessly. In fact, they found it to have lower felt recoil, lower muzzle rise and better accuracy and concealability than other products in its class.

However, after initial commercial sales, our loyal customers notified us that some R51 pistols had performance issues. We immediately ceased production to re-test the product. While we determined the pistols were safe, certain units did not meet Remington’s performance criteria. The performance problems resulted from complications during our transition from prototype to mass production. These problems have been identified and solutions are being implemented, with an expected production restart in October.

Anyone who purchased an R51 may return it and receive a new R51 pistol, along with two additional magazines and a custom Pelican case, by calling Remington at (800) 243-9700. You will be asked to provide your name, address, telephone number, and the serial number of your pistol.

The new R51 will be of the same exceptional quality as our test pistols, which performed flawlessly.

We appreciate your patience and support.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

there was a demo truck in my town today for Remington and they had a few of these on hand, its a shame they were such a flop because outside of feeling a bit heavy for what it is the gun felt pretty nice, slide was super easy to rack and the trigger felt real nice. but without getting to actually shoot it and reading the reviews of it i wouldnt waste my money hoping this time they got it right

(Elk County)

With so many good, functional SIG pistols available, why take a chance on Remington which F'd up the 51, Marlin lever guns, and has had Model 700 bolt / striker issues?

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    With so many good, functional SIG pistols available, why take a chance on Remington which F'd up the 51, Marlin lever guns, and has had Model 700 bolt / striker issues?

Noah
    I think you spelled Glock wrong, jk but you are correct with the vast majority of great handguns on the market something like a slip up with first run production, its not worth the money. I wanted to go up to the rep and ask them if everything has been fixed but i didnt feel like wasting my time listening to a "used car salesman" pitch

(Lackawanna County)

Anyone up for taking a bet...

Which is found first a fix for the R51 or Eric Frein?

I was initially interested in an R51, but I wouldn't want one now if Remington was giving them away for free.

(Berks County)

I bought one. It's at Remington right now. I'll let you know how it goes. The replacements are to be sent out this month. They paid for the trip back. UPS picked it up. Next day air. I had to make three phone calls with long waits on hold to get it done. Sent back last month, about the 15th or so. They wanted the mags too. I will get 4 mags (2 more than sent back) and a pelican case.

(Centre County)

The tip to resolving problems with Remington is to not buy Remington products. I don't we need to go over that this Remington isn't even the same company outside of name, they suck now.

Its not good when Serbians have better workmanship.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I bought one. It's at Remington right now. I'll let you know how it goes. The replacements are to be sent out this month. They paid for the trip back. UPS picked it up. Next day air. I had to make three phone calls with long waits on hold to get it done. Sent back last month, about the 15th or so. They wanted the mags too. I will get 4 mags (2 more than sent back) and a pelican case.
    Today Remington made their 1st contact. They called me to ask for the ffl contact info for where I want mine sent. Woo hoo! Long time comming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast