Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P320 Carry

(Montgomery County)

Default Sig P320 Carry

Anyone have any experience with one of these? I'm a sucker for compact guns the size of G19s and this one could be next on my list. Held one at the oaks show this weekend and it fit my hand quite nicely, I was just curious if anyone can speak to the reliability of it?

Yes I know its based of the 250 which was very underwhelming but I believe the 320c could be a winner.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Sig P320 Carry

in case anyone was curious on this I have an update on my own question. Friday I coudlnt help myself and went to tanners and picked one of these up. Just got back from the range and I am quite please with the result. 200 rounds of blazer and 100 rounds of 124 +p gold dots thru it with 0 malfunctions so once I get a holster this is going to get heavy usage in the carry rotation. Trigger is absolutely amazing, on par with VP9.

Thanks for the review - I have seen them online/magazines but have yet to hold one. I was kind of liking the full size model but am curious as to the size comparison of the compact and the G19?

Quote Originally Posted by NJCzbt View Post
    in case anyone was curious on this I have an update on my own question. Friday I coudlnt help myself and went to tanners and picked one of these up. Just got back from the range and I am quite please with the result. 200 rounds of blazer and 100 rounds of 124 +p gold dots thru it with 0 malfunctions so once I get a holster this is going to get heavy usage in the carry rotation. Trigger is absolutely amazing, on par with VP9.
    Congrats on the purchase! Sorry no one could help you out initially, but I'm glad you proceeded regardless as it leaves some feedback for the rest of us!
    Last edited by Dogpupkus; October 14th, 2014 at 01:59 PM.

(Montgomery County)

its very comparable in size to the glock 19. Its a little bit taller than 19 vertically, but horizontally the 320c is a little bit shorter. And not counting the slide release I think the 320c is actually just a hair skinnier, thats just my eye test though. It fits almost perfectly in a gould & goodrich holster I have for my 19, havent tried it any others yet though. I'm a huge glock fan but the trigger on the 320 is definitely better.

man am i glad i went with my gut on this one

(Montgomery County)

I really like it but I have a feeling I'd like the PPQ better. Might try to get a close up inspection of the two side by side at a shop.

(Montgomery County)

Funny you mention the ppq because for 3 months I was dead set on getting the ppq next, but after playing with the 320c I figured I could wait a few more months

(Montgomery County)

Sorry I didnt see this earlier. I gotta agree with you, wonderful pistola. I bought the full sized and liked it so much that when the compact came out I picked one up too. Great recoil management, great trigger but admittedly not 'glass rod' crisp, more...erm.. I dunno..I call it 'dull thud'?? lol... It's hard to say that in a way to not give the impression that it's a bad trigger and I dont mean to do that. It's a pretty darn great trigger. I have a ppq and love it, still phenominal. I have the 'classic' model, the one with the perfect mag release. Like the HK VP9 the sig has that short takeup, hit wall, press.. and 'SNAP'. Good feeling, good performing, great tactile and audible feedback. Surprisingly soft shooting too and dead balls accurate..it's something to behold. On par with the other usual suspects in this regard.

I think it's a worthy contender in the mix of polymer striker fired options that sig was missing. Appropriately utilitarian enough to save itself from ever becoming a safe queen-range only diva. It's modularity with the removable chassis brings the welcome positive of making cleaning and minimal lubing the pistol an easy-peazy-....breeze.

Can be had for less than a G19 and that's with night sights.. alas.. mags still cost more than glock mags.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NJCzbt View Post

Do you know if Tanner's stocks these? I remember emailing them a couple of months back looking for one and they didn't have any. Would you mind sharing what you paid?

I was considering a Glock 19 but decided I want to give the P320 Carry a try.

-Phil

(Montgomery County)

I actually bought mine at tanners. I called down there a month or 2 ago and they said they had 1 in stock so I basically tore ass out of work early and got there just in time. I dont remember exactly but the price was around $520-545 something in that range so comparable to a glock 19. I just received my comptac infidel ultra and a blackdog concealment watchdog holsters so this is going to get a ton of time in the carry rotation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast