Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Very rarely do I actually find a great deal. *Beretta inside*

After selling a LE trade in 96 a few months back in hopes of running into a 92 I could afford. I had kind of forgotten about it as life had gotten in the way.

I recieved a coupon in the mail for $30 off any used firearm at cabelas, had a $70 gift card, and knew they had an in store discount of $20 off any used firearm $200+. So I figured I would at least see what they had to offer.

As I browsed the used firearms I noticed a inox vertec 96 with night sights. Priced at $525. I patiently waited in line to be helped when I watch a clerk pull the vertec from the case and start filling out paperwork for it. Fml. That's my luck.

So just then, my number is pulled and the clerk asks me what exactly I had my eyes on. I told him "I really want a 92fs but had my eye on that 96 that just sold". Well, he said "oh we have a half dozen 92s in back. Let me grab them".

He goes in back and comes out with a handful of 92s. In the mix are 5 beat to **** trade ins and one clean 1997 vintage specimen. I pick it up and notice something. It's got crimson trace grips...... The clerk says "$450, I guess the pricing manager missed the grips on that one or he priced it cheap because it's a left handed model". I look and see the mag release is setup for a leftie..........

So I tell him I'll take it and we start the paperwork. As he's filling out his sections I start to play with the grips, either the battery is dead or they are broken. "Broke mostly like with my luck" I tell the clerk.

He walks to the back, pulls a pack of batteries and slides them to me. "On the house". He says.

So after all is said and done, $355 out the door for my barely used 1997 beretta 92fs with box and ctc grips. Very very very rarely do I get lucky.

$66. Later I have 6 more surplus mags in hand.

Wanted to make sure she actually shot as good as she looks before posting. No issues there!

How did I do guys?
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Default Re: Very rarely do I actually find a great deal. *Beretta inside*

Awesome gun and a great deal.

I was considering a Beretta 8040 Cougar locally that looks identical but snoozed too long and someone else got a nice gun.

(Cumberland County)

Nice find.

Probably the most ridiculous deal I got was at cabelas. I wanted a beretta nano and I saw cabelas had it on sale for 399 new. I thought great, that is the best I've seen so far. I also was selling my sr9c to pay for most of the beretta which gave me 310 towards the nano.
    When I got there I noticed the one on sale was the one with the laser sight and not the bare bones model. So I decided to go with the laser model which sells normally for 530. On top of this beretta had a 50 buck rebate going on for veterans so I ended up buying it for 350 bucks brand new with a laser sight.
    Quite the deal i would say.

(Bucks County)

Well done! Love my 92FS.
    It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye. Then it is hilarious.

(Cumberland County)

I need to start following the same dogs that you guys follow.

Seriously though, nice pick-up.

Do the laser grips work or are they indeed dead?
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Berks County)

I did already go through the exhaustive process of swapping her to a right hand model. .

I actually just put in the batteries lastnight and tested the laser. It works. Way way way off from poa and the dot itself looks like a has mark past 20 feet. I'll have to clean the lense and do some adjustments.

So far I'm a pretty happy camper. It's taken me 4 years, but I've assembled my beretta A-team. I have a 3032 inox with gold hammer and trigger I paid $175 for, a NIB 950 I paid $150 for, and now the 92.

Patience is a virtue. It just sucks being forced to be patient!

And a moment of silence for the 96 with dead night sites, worn finish, and tapped dust cover I paid $330 for. And I thought that was a good deal!

Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection