Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Local club?

(Montgomery County)

Default Local club?

I live in Norristown. I normally shoot up at Target World in Chalfont, but they only allow pistols since its an indoor range.

I would love to be able to shoot rifles and trap/skeet - but I dont know where to go.

I looked into Lower Providence (since its really close to me) but their membership requirements seem rather restrictive. I am always unavailable on Tuesday evenings, and I cant quite understand why thats the only day I can go as a non-member and introduce myself. However they do have everything I would be interested in.

Are there any other clubs that arent more than 30-45 minutes away from me? Perferably ones without any serious restrictions on membership?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Local club?

You can check out Kimberton Fish & Game in Phoenixville.

http://www.kfga.net/

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JLBIII View Post
    You can check out Kimberton Fish & Game in Phoenixville.

http://www.kfga.net/
    You are still required to attend two meetings... yes? AND have an NRA membership?

I'm not sure of any place that doesn't require you to show up to a meeting. My understanding is that this is mostly due to the requirement that a "club" (not for profit club status) has to have regularly scheduled meetings and to have membership be approved by vote of the membership (usually informally). Usually stated as "does anyone have an issue with ths person becoming a member?" etc.

A shooting range open to the public (French Creek, Target Master) does not have this requirement and can sell range memberships.. .reduced fees, etc.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinakorp View Post
    You are still required to attend two meetings... yes? AND have an NRA membership?

I'm not sure of any place that doesn't require you to show up to a meeting. My understanding is that this is mostly due to the requirement that a "club" (not for profit club status) has to have regularly scheduled meetings and to have membership be approved by vote of the membership (usually informally). Usually stated as "does anyone have an issue with ths person becoming a member?" etc.

A shooting range open to the public (French Creek, Target Master) does not have this requirement and can sell range memberships.. .reduced fees, etc.
    I dont mind attending meetings or whatever. Its just the "It must be on a Tuesday, no exceptions" thing that just bothers me.

(Bucks County)

Two that I can think of, while still a bit of a drive from Norristown are:

Bucks County Fish and Game
    and
    Langhorne Rod and Gun Club

(Montgomery County)

To join LPRGC you must attend two general membership meetings. Those membership meetings are held on the first Tuesday evening of each month. Those dates were established when the club was founded over 50 years ago. It would be impossible for us to change the schedule of our general membership meetings everytime it conflicts with the personal schedule of a potential new member.

(Montgomery County)

I suggest you consider Langhorne Rod and Gun Club. There will be several open house type events in the near future which will speed up the application process. If you are into more action type rifle/pistol events, I invite you to attend one of our monthly shoots.

We shoot the last Saturday of the month. Details are contained here. You can shoot, tour the grounds, meet some of the members and see if you like the place all for $15.00. Not bad huh? http://langhornerodandgunclub.org/practicalrifle/

Regards,
    Gary
    Co-Chairman
    Practical Rifle Program
    Langhorne Rod and Gun Club
    lastdefender@aol.com