Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gander Mountain

(Adams County)

Default Gander Mountain

Say what you will, but I've gotten some pretty choice deals on used, and new, guns there before. As of recent though, I have noticed that more often than not, they have basically no used guns in stock! I have been to a couple different ones and they have had maybe 10 used long guns between the 2 of them, and probably 20 handguns between them! I know, as with most places, they usually don't give much for used, but it just seems like they have soooooo much less than they ever did!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Gander Mountain

I guess people are hanging onto them more these days?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Adams County)

Figure either that or what they offer for your guns sometimes. I still see quite a few used at smaller gun shops though. Of course maybe like most of us, people are using more online forums for selling nowadays

(Lycoming County)

The one near me offers very little on a trade in. Combine that with the fact that almost every thing they have is priced at full MSRP and I think I can understand why they would be lacking in the used gun department.

(Adams County)

I think everyone offers really low ball offers on trade ins. I did get $500 trade in a few years ago on a gen2 glock 22 with an extra 357sig barrel (exactly what I had paid for it) when I bought a stainless 92fs from Gander. Local shops had offered me around $250 for it! I know they mark stuff up, but sometimes you find a honey of a deal on used stuff if you know what you are looking at.

(Lehigh County)

Red face Re: Gander Mountain

My experience is they follow the old adage about buy low and sell high. If they have something that is not sold after some time then they will reduce it to a fair to even good deal, but these are not common. Any number of LGS I go to will give a better deal in trade or even cash than the chain stores.

(Adams County)

I think most any business buys low and sells high. I think they go more by the blue book of gun values and less by know value. So sometimes they are really high and sometimes low. Like I said, you have to know the value of stuff

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by timeisrelative View Post
    I think most any business buys low and sells high. I think they go more by the blue book of gun values and less by know value. So sometimes they are really high and sometimes low. Like I said, you have to know the value of stuff
    Not to mention, if people were paying more for firearms during the 'big scare,' they're probably not going to want to sell at the current, normalized prices.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalReaper View Post
    Not to mention, if people were paying more for firearms during the 'big scare,' they're probably not going to want to sell at the current, normalized prices.
    Very good point. I didn't think of it like that, but yes, if I just bought something at a maked up price I wouldn't want to take half of actual value either! I did see the one in York had a A2 h-bar Bushmaster for $799. Looked pretty clean too! Wish I could have been standing there with a pocket of cash when that came in!

I got a really good deal on my sig...he rang up the wrong (less expensive) one, realized his mistake, but sold it to me at that price.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast