Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default Re: advice on buying an AR

For the price of a Colt, BCM, PSA, i can get a nice Windham CDI(yes it comes with an awesome phantom flash suppressor), it has all the bells and whistles and comes with a lifetime warranty if anything breaks.

im gonna keep advertising and pissing off all the lovely fanboys out there from here to eternity......

the fanboys barked up the wrong tree.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    i noticed gun bashers and gun bullies either have low self esteem or a tiny dick complex, why else to they get off bashing others?

i didnt drink the kool aid i didnt like them til after i bought the windham,most people are quick to judge before they even try the product-now thats drinking the AR15 kool aid.

Since I'm the only one who posted about koolaid, I'll take it this post was a shot at me.

If your Windham is your only rifle and you never shot a middie, then you are talking thru your ass. I wouldn't own a 16" carbine ANYTHING, and that goes for a 6920. That is not drinking the fucking koolaid, that is just my opinion. My 16" is what I described in my first post.

For the price of a Colt, BCM, PSA, i can get a nice Windham CDI(yes it comes with an awesome phantom flash suppressor), it has all the bells and whistles and comes with a lifetime warranty if anything breaks.

im gonna keep advertising and pissing off all the lovely fanboys out there from here to eternity......

the fanboys barked up the wrong tree.

Here's your review on the CDI.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-weaponry-cdi/

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    If there is one take away from all of this, this is it;

Listen to no advice given by anyone who hails from any organization that's sole purpose is to eliminate zombies.

I saw what you did there!

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Since I'm the only one who posted about koolaid, I'll take it this post was a shot at me.

If your Windham is your only rifle and you never shot a middie, then you are talking thru your ass. I wouldn't own a 16" carbine ANYTHING, and that goes for a 6920. That is not drinking the fucking koolaid, that is just my opinion. My 16" is what I described in my first post.

Here's your review on the CDI.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-weaponry-cdi/

That was over a year ago and CDI just came out not long before they tested it, im sure WW fixed all the bugs by now .

WW stands behind their product they fix anything im sure when Colt BCM and PSA first came out with a product they had bugs too as well .

i wouldnt hesitate in buying a CDI, cuz i have faith in WW to correct anything wrong they even took care of my MPC for a tiny mistake, which i was impressed, if that was any other company they would have passed on my request.

Never heard of that rifle company so I would steer clear personally. ARs are not that awful complicated but they can be screwed up.

I will agree about carbine length gas systems and/or M4rgerys. I just don't see what all the fuss is about them. I prefer a mid or rifle length gas depending on the barrel length.

(Allegheny County)

You mean the 'c-clamp'? There's some article on it some where but this is what I can tell you;
    Most techniques get run through SFARTEC (Special Forces Advanced Reconnaissance and Target Exploitation Course) and the ones that are worth a shit stick around for a while or until something better comes out. The 'C-Clamp' has it's pros and it's cons.
    Pros: adds better stability to the rifle
    Cons: you don't have your forearm and bicep plus their respective bones to help slow a bullet that could potentially jam it's way into your chest cavity where you don't have a plate covering.

The grip on the mag well gives you a bit more cover, but sucks for stability and screams '82nd Airborne Division'.

Now, with all these fancy grips and stances, they tend to reciprocate. They'll be the 'in' thing now, go away in a year or two, then come back and be trendy again, all while never really losing or gaining any practically over their initial inception.

The grip in use depends on the rifle. I like being able to elongate my arm yet not wrap myself around the rifle. It allows me to bring the rifle in and not feel like I'm doing some isometric workout to keep it pointed where I have to go.

...those of which we do not speak.

I agree. Put your own together.

Yeah, I guess so. I googled that and this is what came up.

No thanks. I'll stick to my carbine length since I won't likely be shooting like that in my lifetime.
    No debate here - shoot like that all you want if you like.

I can see why a longer forearm would be beneficial though for those that do.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Erie County)

That was over a year ago and CDI just came out not long before they tested it, im sure WW fixed all the bugs by now .

WW stands behind their product they fix anything im sure when Colt BCM and PSA first came out with a product they had bugs too as well .

i wouldnt hesitate in buying a CDI, cuz i have faith in WW to correct anything wrong they even took care of my MPC for a tiny mistake, which i was impressed, if that was any other company they would have passed on my request.
    Aside from the mismatching rail, do you think that WW will find a better barrel in hopes of getting a better MOA out of the CDI? At least the CDI is in MilSpec, being 4MOA at 200 yds.

WW is not going to fix MOA. They will fix broken parts not related to general wear and tear. This goes for any other company.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    No thanks. I'll stick to my carbine length since I won't likely be shooting like that in my lifetime.
    That is a carbine length, but on a shorter barrel of <12" in the pic you posted. It has a longer rail.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I can see why a longer forearm would be beneficial though for those that do.
    Not only for the grip, but for ... (watch the vid).

(Chester County)

I cannot comment on the quality of the ARs they are offering but, you may want to checkout Kinsey's Outdoors at http://kinseysoutdoors.com/ When you get there click on the Hunterfest link. I have no affiliation with them.

(Wayne County)

IMG_3478 by splittiebus66, on Flickr

AM is correct this is a boss setup OP. I have one too. Mine has a PSA Complete lower + BCM mid lightweight upper. $700 ish right now max. She'll eat a Windham for lunch.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast