Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Vepr 12 SBS Youtube Review

Ok so i havent seen any American youtube videos of the Vepr 12 Short Barrel Shotgun ..so i thought i would make one and share it with all you good people on this forum..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9dvSQRZoic
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Washington County)

Default Re: Vepr 12 SBS Youtube Review

Nice video, should of waited and added the range footage, the travel case is pretty cool, but man, all that pickiness with ammo is annoying. My Saiga 12 was picky about which brand of low brass I used in it until about 500+ rounds were through it, now it eats anything which makes me very happy. I hate having to pay attention to which brand of ammo I was using in one shotgun when all my others don't care. I would really like to see a cut down Saiga 12 with opened up gas port and an adjustable plug that shoots anything. That would be the hot ticket.

Those different types of ammo reminded me of a demonstration I saw first hand recently where a variety of rounds were patterned at 25 yards. The buck and ball rounds, military 00, and some other were terrible. The spread was huge even as close as 5 yards which creates a liability in a self defense shooting. The Hornady Critical Defense, Speer, and Federal True Flight did pretty good. You have to do the exercise for your shotgun though because of the variables.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Default Re: Vepr 12 SBS Youtube Review

Thanx for looking at my video.When my vepr 12 was at its full length 22" barrel it performed flawlessly with all ammo...i guess its a trade off if you want a SBS shotgun....my saiga 12 gave me alot of problems when i first purchased it and then i got it to work after a few hundred rounds..then for some reason it became picky again about ammo..i end up selling it after throwing in alot of money in parts and labor..Im gonna make a range video today or tomorrow and i will post it..