Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: How to act during a traffic stop

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    While i agree with most of what you said, I would never tell the officer i will see him in court. I see it this way:

If I make it seem like i am just going to pay the fine and be on my way, i think there is a greater chance of the officer not remembering all of the details of the stop. I am going to fight the ticket either way, but i don't see a need to share that information with the officer. When you say "ill see you in court," you can bet anything that that officer will be taking copious amounts of notes, none of which is going to help your case.
    "I'll see you at court"... "Cool.. $200 makes me holla!"

(Delaware County)

Why does this have to be all the way in friggin' Erie?! I would totally OC to this.
    Junior

(Berks County)

While i agree with most of what you said, I would never tell the officer i will see him in court. I see it this way:

If I make it seem like i am just going to pay the fine and be on my way, i think there is a greater chance of the officer not remembering all of the details of the stop. I am going to fight the ticket either way, but i don't see a need to share that information with the officer. When you say "ill see you in court," you can bet anything that that officer will be taking copious amounts of notes, none of which is going to help your case.
    Not much to remember, it's all written on the citation. Date, time, location, vehicle, driver, violation. But he'll thank you for the OT pay. And might possibly write an additional note on the bottom of the ticket to remind himself not to give you a break in court. Usually the letter A inside a circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

(Warren County)

Nice technique! Take every edge you can!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

How about we put on a seminar on how not to violate our rights? I'll go to theirs if they come to ours.

(Berks County)

How did you find out about this OP?
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    How did you find out about this OP?
    I think he saw it on the local news. I followed the link to WICU and found out this was set up by the NAACP. They should just play Chris Rock's "How not to get your ass beat by the police" bit, that pretty much covers it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jw34 View Post
    Not much to remember, it's all written on the citation. Date, time, location, vehicle, driver, violation. But he'll thank you for the OT pay. And might possibly write an additional note on the bottom of the ticket to remind himself not to give you a break in court. Usually the letter A inside a circle.
    They don't always make it to court, my sons ticket was dismissed even after the court officer attempted to talk my son into pleading guilty with no pints. I would take my chances in court at the possible chance of getting it thrown out or reduced rather than send more money to the state/local govt.
    I make all attempts not to be a dick but I also don't volunteer that I cut line in kindergarten to get a cookie either. Some folks when they talk to the police volunteer entirely to much information which must make the LEO smile.
    The best advice is to know your rights, don't argue on the side of the road and even if the officer is being a dick, attempting to make you say or do something out of anger or irritation or even fish for other problems just smile. He/She can go full JBT and do whatever they please in the end as long as you don't play along you have done nothing wrong.
    In the day an age where everyone records everything your story will get out and maybe the tax payers will be out a few million more that budget year in payouts, maybe Officer Terminator will not get that promotion, get that nice posting or get shit canned for bringing very bad PR to his/her department. One can always hope.

"I do NOT regard cops as my enemy"

Once you are pulled over, you are the person they are protecting society from, the cop is no longer your friend.

Last edited by IIIIIREPOIIIII; October 7th, 2014 at 10:53 AM.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast