Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default No Carry on Millers Ferry Put-In-Bay OH

So, this past weekend I went to Put-In-Bay. Millers Ferry had prominently displayed 'No Concealed Carry' signs, so I put my gun back in the truck. I was concerned about going thru a metal detector, etc. & did not want to deal w/ a trespass charge. I was annoyed, but but the time I got on the ferry, there was no time to go back & get my gun.

I did have some small 'carry on' bags as my family & I were going to the island for the weekend. If I would have had the pistol in my luggage, would that have been considered 'concealed carry'?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: No Carry on Millers Ferry Put-In-Bay OH

Good call the no carry signs have more weight in OH then PA.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Good call the no carry signs have more weight in OH then PA.
    What do you mean by more weight? What are the penalties - more than just trespass?

(Bucks County)

Be careful when on board a vessel on waters bordered by two states. The laws of each state are bulkhead-to-bulkhead, when on the water, not divided by that broken line on the chart or map.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    What do you mean by more weight? What are the penalties - more than just trespass?
    YES!

Signs have weight of law in Ohio. I don't remember of it's M3 or M1 or what it is.

I bet Deanimator knows.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    YES!

Signs have weight of law in Ohio. I don't remember of it's M3 or M1 or what it is.

I bet Deanimator knows.

ORC 2923.126
    (a) Except as provided in division (C)(3)(b) of this section, the owner or person in control of private land or premises, and a private person or entity leasing land or premises owned by the state, the United States, or a political subdivision of the state or the United States, may post a sign in a conspicuous location on that land or on those premises prohibiting persons from carrying firearms or concealed firearms on or onto that land or those premises. Except as otherwise provided in this division, a person who knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature is guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If a person knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature and the posted land or premises primarily was a parking lot or other parking facility, the person is not guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and instead is subject only to a civil cause of action for trespass based on the violation.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    ORC 2923.126
    (a) Except as provided in division (C)(3)(b) of this section, the owner or person in control of private land or premises, and a private person or entity leasing land or premises owned by the state, the United States, or a political subdivision of the state or the United States, may post a sign in a conspicuous location on that land or on those premises prohibiting persons from carrying firearms or concealed firearms on or onto that land or those premises. Except as otherwise provided in this division, a person who knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature is guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If a person knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature and the posted land or premises primarily was a parking lot or other parking facility, the person is not guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and instead is subject only to a civil cause of action for trespass based on the violation.
    So this trespass would not be M1 or M3 but M4? What are the ramifications of M4?

Also, if my gun was unloaded in my luggage & not on my person, would that be considered 'concealed carry'? I would be at least then able to carry when I were on the island.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    So this trespass would not be M1 or M3 but M4? What are the ramifications of M4?

Also, if my gun was unloaded in my luggage & not on my person, would that be considered 'concealed carry'? I would be at least then able to carry when I were on the island.
    It would be an M4, which carries a max sentence of thirty days in jail and/or a $250 fine in Ohio. Yes, that would be considered "concealed carry." They don't want guns on the boat in any way, shape, or form.

Last time I was on it, there were no metal detectors or pat downs. Draw whatever conclusion from that you will.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    It would be an M4, which carries a max sentence of thirty days in jail and/or a $250 fine in Ohio. Yes, that would be considered "concealed carry." They don't want guns on the boat in any way, shape, or form.

Last time I was on it, there were no metal detectors or pat downs. Draw whatever conclusion from that you will.
    There still are no pat downs or metal detectors, but, I do not want to be an example case.

(Delaware County)

No Concealed Carry.

Open it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast