Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Wait for it, wait for it ... who needs guns? Give 'em boxing lessons!

I can just see Pelosi and Schumer whipping up a bill to underwrite boxing programs across the country as an alternative ...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/loc...,6562933.story

Man punches gunman and takes weapon in attempted robbery

By a Sun reporter
    10:09 AM EDT, June 27, 2008

A 25-year-old man walking with his father in Pasadena last night thwarted what could have been an armed robbery by punching the gunman in the face and stealing his .380 caliber handgun, Anne Arundel County police said this morning.

The armed man and an accomplice then drove away, but police said they later found the two suspects and a third person and charged them with trying to rob the man in Pasadena and with trying to rob a woman in Glen Burnie earlier last night.

Authorities said the first attack occurred about 10:50 p.m. in the 7800 block of Americana Circle in Glen Burnie when a 39-year-old woman reported being attacked as she walked from her parked car to her apartment. She told police a person pointed a gun at her and demanded her car keys.

The woman ran and yelled and the gunman ran away, police said. The woman reported seeing a silver Dodge Stratus in the area at the time.

Shortly after 11 p.m., police said the 25-year-old man was walking with his father in the 8100 block of Elmberry Court in Pasadena when, they said, two people approached them and one pointed a handgun at them and demanded money and car keys.

"The 25-year-old punched the armed suspect in the face and took the handgun from him," police said in a statement. The suspects were seen getting away in a silver Dodge Stratus, and the 25-year-old man got into his car and followed the Stratus onto Ritchie Highway while talking with police on his cell phone.

Police said they stopped the Stratus on Ritchie Highway and Arnold Road and arrested three occupants.

Ashley Cully, 19, of the first block of Melrob Court in Annapolis, was charged with attempted carjacking, attempted armed robbery, using a handgun in a felony and with first- and second-degree assault in the Americana Circle attack.

Darryl Z. Moore, 27, of the 100 block of Conley Drive in Annapolis and Rico D. Thomas, 22, of the 100 block of Hammarlee Road in Glen Burnie, were each charged with attempted armed carjacking, attempted armed robbery, using a handgun in a felony and with first- and second-degree assault in the Elmberry Road incident.

Default Re: Wait for it, wait for it ... who needs guns? Give 'em boxing lessons!

I'm surprised they didn't arrest the guy who did the punching with illegal possession of a handgun!

Default Re: Wait for it, wait for it ... who needs guns? Give 'em boxing lessons!

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't arrest the guy who did the punching with illegal possession of a handgun!
    That's not funny.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Give them time ..... it is MD
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

Quote Originally Posted by pex View Post
    That's not funny.
    Well, I meant it half serious and half funny. I would not have been surprised if they had arrested him, given the bizarre turns some of these stories take.

(Luzerne County)

In California they will probably charge the victim with "Illegal use of HANDS".... a class D Felony...LOL

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by pex View Post
    That's not funny.
    I thought it was a little funny.

(Chester County)

Good for him, as an ex boxer it makes me happy to see it used to defeat some punk!!!!!

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Philadelphia County)

We need more men like this in our country.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!” ~Samuel Adams

You cannot invade America. There is a rifle behind every blade of grass.” ~ Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto