Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default OC during man hunt

While I don't usually carry around the house or outside I have been lately, OC of course. Even OC'd in front of all the troops the first night of the hunt around here. I was going to pick up dinner and saw the lot across from the pizza place was full with everything from Staties to every news crew around. One cop came inside behind me and looked but didn't comment about it (he was on my strong side). I didn't recognize the uniform so I have no idea what town he was from. I'm pretty sure they ran into a lot of people open carrying during this.

Just thought I'd share.

Smile Re: OC during man hunt

Me too,not one to suspend my O/C ! been all over Monroe,Pike and Wayne countys not one issue,but quite a few questions and had the opportunity to educate about O/C and LTCFs !

(Monroe County)

Default Re: OC during man hunt

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Me too,not one to suspend my O/C ! been all over Monroe,Pike and Wayne countys not one issue,but quite a few questions and had the opportunity to educate about O/C and LTCFs !
    That's good. I guess it's a personal thing and it's not like I'd be mistaken for frein anyway. I will admit, when I saw all those cops I got a bit nervous, but that passed quickly and I did what I had to do, pick up food.

(Lehigh County)

My buddy was up in that area fishing last weekend. Said that when they went into a restarunt for dinner something like 20% of the patrons had a handgun.....and those were just the OC'ers.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    That's good. I guess it's a personal thing and it's not like I'd be mistaken for frein anyway.
    It's like 2 chinese ladies in blue toyota can't be mistaken for big black dude in gray ford...
    Je suis déplorable

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 98Redline View Post
    My buddy was up in that area fishing last weekend. Said that when they went into a restarunt for dinner something like 20% of the patrons had a handgun.....and those were just the OC'ers.
    Ha, that's how we roll in the Poconos. Which restaurant? I'm guessing the Pour House.

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    It's like 2 chinese ladies in blue toyota can't be mistaken for big black dude in gray ford...
    Yeah but they weren't in a gun friendly State.

(Monroe County)

I suspended my oc since this all went down and I had a post about it. Primarily because I heard there was LEO from nj and ny and it only takes a second for them to forget they are in pa and not home. But now seeing MDT and Tootie are still going strong OC i will un-suspend myself this weekend. If I get shot please dont feel bad just carry on!
    Last edited by poconojoe; September 26th, 2014 at 06:17 PM.

(Bucks County)

I came up today and decided I would OC like usual. I did notice a woman giving me a look in Dutch's parking lot. No issues in the store.

(Monroe County)

I oc'd up in the lake are fourth of july weekend and got lots of stares
    Went to some small place on 507. Thats on thr lake side and that was not to bad. Than hit erhardts for after dinner cappachino and the place was packed with nj and ny peeps, nothing was said but more stares than i have ever got in 18 months of OC. I hate getting attention and very rare anyone stares or talks to me. So felt kind of strange. Sheriff dept cop outside looked and said nothing. have a nice weekend Bill.

QUOTE=Bill67;2852743]I came up today and decided I would OC like usual. I did notice a woman giving me a look in Dutch's parking lot. No issues in the store.[/QUOTE]

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by poconojoe View Post
    Than hit erhardts for after dinner cappachino and the place was packed with nj and ny peeps, nothing was said but more stares than i have ever got in 18 months of OC.
    OCd at Erjardts on the first day of spring turkey and I don think anyone even noticed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast