Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: PPL Center and Firearms

Considering that they had an employee die of a drug overdose at the PPL Center, maybe they should let us carry, since they are not doing proper employee screening and hiring people like this to work in an unarmed victim zone.

[B]Employee found dead at PPL Center, possible drug overdose, police say[/]
    http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/alle...t_ppl_cen.html

(Monroe County)

Also attended Disney on Ice, carried with no issues. No metal detectors, they just glanced in my wife's purse and barely glanced in my daughter's purse. Of course, I texted a friend ahead of time who went to the show prior to mine to see if they were wanding or patting anyone down. She thought I was joking but I was like, "No, b/c I have to plan my wardrobe accordingly, either with "accessories" or without." Either way, I wanted to know because besides a firearm, I carry a pocket knife, flashlight, OC spray and fixed blade on my person anyhow and I didn't want to be hassled. Need to determine whether they are going to continue to wand for games as someone mentioned above. Iron Pigs there is no problem so I was hoping for none here too.

(Northampton County)

Wife went to a game on Wednesday this week and they were searching bags and wanding everyone...

(Berks County)

Any updates on recent carry experiences for hockey games?
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseImage View Post
    Straight from the website (who woulda thought to look there!?)

Firearms/Weapons

All individuals, including off-duty law enforcement officers, are prohibited from bringing firearms or concealed weapons into PPL Center.

Its a safe bet they check or have detectors
    What they left out was...Criminals, Phychos and terrorist gets a pass.

(Montgomery County)

Walk through metal detectors are now present, even set up for Disney on ice yesterday. Probably security theater and the sensitivity turned down - didn't test that theory though.

(Northampton County)

The walkthrough detectors are sensitive enough that steel toed shoes or a few keys will set them off, however a small amount of change or normal sized belt buckles will not.

Although the stadium is managed Global Spectrum, isn't the stadium itself owned by the city of Allentown? If the city is in fact the owner wouldn't preemption laws prohibit them from restricting lawful carry?

(York County)

Any recent updates - have an event there Sunday evening.

UPDATE POST SHOW:

Saw TSO tonight - walk-thru metal detectors at all entrances plus random wanding of patrons.......so be aware.
    Last edited by 2DogsBarking; December 20th, 2021 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Why?

Just because someone wears a costume and badge to work, does not mean they should get special treatment, extra rights and/or privileges because of their chosen occupation.

If you can point out the clause in the Pennsylvania or U.S. Constitution that allow for this that would be helpful, since I have yet to find it.

Law enforcement officers are just men and woman, like you and I, and should not be treated any differently than you or I.
    It's not a costume, it's a uniform. To call it a costume is highlight offensive

And law enforcement go through background checks, lie detector tests, psych evals, etc... most private citizens never go through those. They also get more firearms training than many private citizens ever get, at least in a state like PA with no training requirements (which there shouldn't be)

With that being said, do law enforcement have or should they have MORE Constitutional rights than non-law enforcement? Of course not.
    However, it does make sense to allow those individuals to be able to provide additional safety.

I also don't think a place of business should be allowed to restrict anyone's Constitutional right to defend themselves. The events center can deny entry to a person of a specific religion (or lack thereof) or gender or skin color, etc...than they shouldn't be able to discriminate over the choice to carry a firearm

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    It's not a costume, it's a uniform. To call it a costume is highlight offensive

And law enforcement go through background checks, lie detector tests, psych evals, etc... most private citizens never go through those. They also get more firearms training than many private citizens ever get, at least in a state like PA with no training requirements (which there shouldn't be)

With that being said, do law enforcement have or should they have MORE Constitutional rights than non-law enforcement? Of course not.
    However, it does make sense to allow those individuals to be able to provide additional safety.

I also don't think a place of business should be allowed to restrict anyone's Constitutional right to defend themselves. The events center can deny entry to a person of a specific religion (or lack thereof) or gender or skin color, etc...than they shouldn't be able to discriminate over the choice to carry a firearm
    Cool story bro! What is the rate of domestic violence in the homes of law enforcement vs. private citizens? Keep on licking that boot!

As for as you call them, "those individuals," your words, not mine, I prefer to be able to provide for my safety and not have to depend on someone who according to the Supreme Court of the United States of America, has no constitutional duty to protect me while in costume and even less duty when out of the costume.

I can see you also don't understand how constitutional rights work. Your rights are only protected from infringement from the government by the constitution. Private property rights of an individual or private business will always supersede what you think your rights are on their property.

As for your statement regarding race, religion, etc., as a condition for not baring someone entry, that is due to the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act, which bars discrimination of individuals by government and places open for public accommodation. Race, religion, sex, gender identity, etc., are all protected classes for public accommodations. Choosing to carry a gun for self-defense does not make you a protected class in the eyes of the law.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast