Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Zombie max....seriously?

About two years ago I bought one box of 9mm to put on my desk.

(Elk County)

Marketing gimmick, which apparently works.

I have not and will not be buying any; novelty or not.

I'll take my chances with the conventional ammo I have . . .

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lancaster County)

I must say it is handy to have green tips on the .223 bullets to differentiate them from Amax bullets if you happen to have both on hand.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Wink Re: Zombie max....seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmygun View Post
    Is it just me, or does putting names like that on self defense ammo make light of a very serious matter. What if you used that ammo to defend yourself and wound up in court. What would the judge, lawyers and jurors think of something like that? It seems very juvenile to say the least. Why would Hornady put out such a product? I certainly wouldn't buy it for self defense. Just seems very strange to me.
    Thoughts???

Tmygun
    They make the same ammo w a different color insert in the hp cavity called 'critical defense' or something..I use that sometimes. Feeds ok in the G26 I carry too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred762 View Post
    They make the same ammo w a different color insert in the hp cavity called 'critical defense' or something..I use that sometimes. Feeds ok in the G26 I carry too.
    Never had an issue with the 185gr Z-Max I used in my Glock 21. Although I'm using 230gr PDX1 now.

(Blair County)

I don't understand all the hate people have about this. It's ammo, it shoots out of a gun, and apparently it's just another line of hornady ammo rebranded for people like me. Yes I bought a box, I carry it in my XD.45 every day. Do I actually expect to shoot a zombie with it? Not really. But I have been infatuated with the zombie or living dead mythos since I was 8 and watched romero's Night of the living dead for the first time. So what's wrong with marketing to people like me? I have a lot more fun shooting at the zombie paper targets than a black circle. Does that make me unsafe? Does enjoying a fantasy make me less intelligent than you? I think some folks just need to remove the stick from their backside and let other folks do what they enjoy. Isn't that what every firearms enthusiast asks for every day?

And yay for walking dead returning, it's been a long year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234