Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: record expunged

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: record expunged

I was in the same area, if someone was looking for me they could have found me. I was a State Inspection mechanic and your license in on record, if anybody was looking they would have found me. I got screwed by the DA and would love to see him. He got a feather in his hat and I got it shoved up you know where. I was NO JUGEST OF JUSTICE, WHEN THEY CALLED I WAS IN THE COURTHOUSE THE NEXT DAY, (on my own) and was lied to. don't try to make me out to be the bad guy, they screwed up and I have to pay, while some asshol# got credit. I hope he dies with it

(Bucks County)

Re the PA DUI arrest: At arraignment, was bail demanded? What amount was it? Who provided it? Did you post bail? Was bail forfeited?

You should have had a scheduled preliminary hearing following the arraignment. Was one scheduled? Did you make the prelim? Were you represented at the hearing? Was the case held for Commonwealth Court?

No one contacted you from Commonwealth (county) Court system following the transmittal of results of the your hearing? Seven or more years later you were contacted how...by phone? By letter? What prompted you to appear in the courthouse voluntarily? Had you learned there was a bench warrant filed on you?

I don't understand how 1977-1984 becomes 9 years to get to court.

I've seen heroin dealers nol prossed after skipping bail when so much time had gone by and they had straightened out their lives.

You posted asking for help but there are holes in your accounting of what went before.

The ADA who reduced the court case load by offering you the deal not in your best interests did a quick get-rid-of. He/she had no obligation to simultaneously represent you, but I am surprised that he/she did not strongly urge you to acquire legal representation. Had you been represented during that discussion the state ripple-effect would have been a consideration, but may have been unavoidable if the DA wanted any form of penalty applied accompanied by a "guilty" disposition. You needed the DA to agree to a nol pros and didn't know to ask for it. How did you wind up in a situation where an ADA was able to allow you to remain unrepresented? That may be your key to undoing the damage.

Did you appear before a county judge on the matter of an outstanding bench warrant? Did you satisfy him or her that you were easily found had anyone attempted to serve the bench warrant and did he/she summarily purge the warrant? If yes, at that point, (I believe) you were well beyond the statutes and the DA should have dropped it.

If the chronology is as I suspect it should been, I think you had a basis for appeal at some point. I do not know if it is too late now, but you need a lawyer to untangle this thing or advise if it can be addressed in your favor.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    If he's been pardoned, there is no need for an expungement.
    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    While pardons eliminate the penalties of the offense, only an expungement removes the it from your record.

Even if you get a pardon for an offense that would make you prohibited, you would still need an expungement to keep the record of arrest and conviction from holding things up.
    Current case law says that for some convictions, you need the expungement after the pardon in order to get Federal relief.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyterry View Post
    what type of lawyer
    Criminal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123