Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Email: Sportsman For Wolf (Dan Surra, Chairman)

I get the email from my club's website, and this was sent to us:

Hi, my name is Dan Surra. I serve as the Chairman of the Sportsmen for Wolf Committee. I was born and raised in Elk County, PA and have been a life long hunter, fisherman and gun owner. I served in the Pennsylvania General Assembly for 18 years. While there I had the privilege to sit on the House Game and Fish Committee. Later in my career I worked as a Senior Advisor to the PA Wilds initiative and the Executive Director of the Governors Sportsmen Advisory Council in the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. In short, I love the outdoors and have spent my life protecting those things. We are blessed to live in a state as beautiful as Pennsylvania with so many opportunities for people like us.
    When I was asked to serve as Chairman of the Sportsmen for Wolf Committee, I jumped at the chance. The race for Governor in this November’s election will have a huge impact on the lives of those of us who hunt, fish, utilize the outdoors and respect our second amendment rights. Campaigns these days seem to be filled with innuendo and false hoods. Please take a moment to check out the link below to educate yourself on where Tom Wolf stands on those issues so dear to all of us. Tom Wolf will protect our right to bear arms and our woods and waters.
    This email is being sent to sportsmen clubs and those of us that have a passion for hunting, fishing, shooting, and the outdoors. Please share this information with your various clubs and with others that you know so together we can help give Pennsylvania a fresh start.

http://www.wolfforpa.com/sections/pa...g-and-outdoors

Sincerely,
    Dan Surra
    Wow, just wow. Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing. Here was my response:

While I do not speak for my Association, I will speak for gun owners in general: Tom Wolf is bad for gun owners, and no self respecting gun owner would support him.

You lie when you say Wolf will respect our right to keep and bear arms:

- He supports background checks for ammo, even though criminals get their ammo elsewhere
    - He supports "universal" background checks, even though criminals get their guns elsewhere and which will lead to registration and confiscation
    - He supports banning guns based on appearance, even though they aren't used in crimes
    - He supports undermining concealed carry reciprocity, preventing citizens of the US from having the protection they need
    - He supports undermining state preemption, allowing localities to pass anti-gun laws.

(See here for citation: http://forum.pafoa.org/2840251-post-96.html)

All of these violating US Constitution Article of Amendment II, PA Constitution Article I, section 21, and all human's natural right to keep and bear arms.

Only Tom Corbett has protected our rights, because after Sandy Hook he shut down any anti-gun momentum in this state by saying he opposes any new laws.

If you truly support gun owners and gun rights, you need to resign immediately, and sign up for the Corbett campaign.

Good Day to you sir.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Email: Sportsman For Wolf (Dan Surra, Chairman)

Good response

(Mercer County)

Perfect response. We are lucky to have you on our team good sir.

(Allegheny County)

Dan Surra - talk about the enemy within.

I wonder if he knows how ridiculous he sounds.

Just your typical "I support the right to shoot deer - with a bolt action rifle" politician-type, lying, back-stabbing democrat.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

I'm the membership secretary at WSSA. I received the same email. I simply responded with "Please remove me from your mailing list."

My hunch - he's a libtard. Responses will be used as internal polling fodder.

They're not going to get the response they are hoping for. A large portion (not all, unfortunately) of the 1990s "I don't own an AR, so I don't care" type are no longer fooled.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Lancaster County)

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Schuylkill County)

A quote from the wolfforpa.com website -

"Tom Wolf knows Pennsylvania has a long history of responsible gun ownership. As governor, he will continue to support the Second Amendment and protect the right of residents to own firearms."

First of all, just LOL.

Second, here's my revision which is a little more accurate and truthful -

"Tom Wolf knows Pennsylvania has a long history of responsible gun ownership. As governor, he will continue to support the Second Amendment and protect the right of residents to own firearms (of his choosing)."

(Indiana County)

Typical political hack liar.

Any contact info for the good Mr. Surra?

(Westmoreland County)

Divide and Conquer.

Unite and Prevail.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jrhinpa74 View Post
    A quote from the wolfforpa.com website -

"Tom Wolf knows Pennsylvania has a long history of responsible gun ownership. As governor, he will continue to support the Second Amendment and protect the right of residents to own firearms."

First of all, just LOL.

Second, here's my revision which is a little more accurate and truthful -

"Tom Wolf knows Pennsylvania has a long history of responsible gun ownership. As governor, he will continue to support the Second Amendment and protect the right of residents to own firearms (of his choosing)."
    Bet that Secretary Wolf touched a firearm. At least once.

Anyone else want to wager that he does a photo shoot using a "sporting firearm"? Just to show his "alliance with responsible gun owners".

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast