Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Any 5C hunters out there

any of you 5c hutners ready for the season to open Saturday?? ive got the bowtech dialed to death lol, and have the cameras and most of stands up and ready to roll, im getting antsy, cant wait for rifle season and pheasants though!!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Any 5C hunters out there

I'll be in the stand well before first light on Saturday. Hoping to fill one tag, and get back out once antlered archery opens.

Just posted this in the trail cam thread, but I am hoping to take the larger doe in the middle. She comes by the stand every day between 7am and 11am.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lancaster County)

Don't live in 5c but have permission to hunt a couple properties down there, so I will be out Saturday!

(Montgomery County)

I have the same group of doe coming by the stand every morning between 6am and 8am. I'm thinking I'll be in the stand before first light and see if I can get a crack at one.

Problem is, I don't have any freezer space at the moment.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by soup View Post
    I have the same group of doe coming by the stand every morning between 6am and 8am. I'm thinking I'll be in the stand before first light and see if I can get a crack at one.

Problem is, I don't have any freezer space at the moment.
    I got some room in mine.

(Delaware County)

Got two buddies going out tommorow. Hope they get one. I got a hankering for deer roast.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Bucks County)

First hunt of the year, first archery hunt ever went almost perfect. Nice weather, time in the stand, and even some deer moving around!

At 7:25 I had two does come in from the right of my stand, hung around a bit and then turned around and went back the way they came in. I am pretty sure the second one (that I couldn't really see) caught movement on my end, because she snorted a few times and decided to leave.

At 8:30 a younger doe came in from the same direction (behind me and to the right) but came around the left side. She stayed within 10 yards of the stand for a half hour munching on the acorns the squirrels were cutting furiously. After I waited to see if she had larger companions in tow, I decided to take a shot. She stood broadside for me at ten yards and I let it fly.

Arrow hit right where I aimed...except I aimed too high! Between the short yardage and elevated shooting position I should have been aiming at her heart, yet I put the pin right at her lungs. She jumped the string and the arrow flew right over her. When it hit the ground, she leapt up and took two steps, looking around trying to figure out what had just happened. She stood long enough that I took a second shot, this one was just terrible and flew way left. With that, she took off like a bolt of lightning.

I was about 90% sure both arrows had been clean misses, so I only waited 15 minutes before I went down to check things out. No blood, no hair, nice clean arrows with two wasted broadheads. I followed her escape route another 20 yards and couldn't find a spot of blood. Satisfied that she was unscathed, I packed up for the day.

All-in-all I really couldn't ask for a better first archery hunt. I'm very thankful that I was able to see so much activity and learn a few lessons, and even more thankful that I didn't jam an arrow in the doe's back and wound her.

(Chester County)

no deer today for me fellas, didn't even see a single deer, gonna go back out Monday after I get done work.

(Delaware County)

My buddies saw a few and had one come within 30yards of their blind. She got spooked and took off. They were in Evansberg state park.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Montour County)

Stalked a nice bunch of does and yearlings, but could not get within range for a responsible shot. Then I saw a nice buck, but cant take them...yet. Ill get him later this year!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast