Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Reloading equipment

I have decided to start to roll my own. I have no idea where to buy reloading equipment here in the York City area. I would like to keep my buying local but I can all ways buy online. The same with powder and primers and bullets . I don't want to drive to far because of the gas prices. Thanks for the help Greg

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Reloading equipment

Not sure about places locally that are good for reloading supplies. I have found much better deals on Dies and equipment on line than anywhere local to me however. Bullets, brass I can get for decent prices locally or online depending on what I'm looking for. Primers and powder I buy locally more than online because the shipping on them can negate any savings on price over my local shops.

(York County)

Best bet for powders and primers is the local gun show. No hazmat shipping costs. Tri-County show is October 25-26 at the fairgrounds. In the meantime, Trops in Elizabethtown had the best local selection before they moved, not sure what since. Hakes in Wrightsville deserves a phone call to see what they have. Laymans in East Prospect is a small shop with limited resources. The asses at the Glen Rock exit are best avoided, and the small shop in Shrewsbury has nothing in that line. Dicks has nothing, but Gander Mountain has some good stuff at retail prices and is close by.

Missouri Bullet Company is the best retailer of lead castings for handgun and rifle that I know of.

If you are talking handgun and have some understanding of reloading or are a quick study the Lee Pro 1000 is available in a variety of handgun calibers as a kit and is the way to go. I have 8 presses on the bench, but most often use the Lee Classic Turret, which is very similar, maybe simpler. Mine runs 300 rounds per hour in 45 or 9mm. Most people move about half that rate, and this set-up requires ball powders like Accurate Arms, and does not meter well with flake powders like Hercules Blue Dot. Rifle calibers can be run on this press, but I prefer a single stage press for rifle calibers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPoLxeCAhcQ

http://www.amazon.com/Lee-Precision-.../dp/B008M5TSCG

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/351...ess-kit-45-acp

changing calibers requires another die set and plate, about $60 each?
    Last edited by justashooter; September 17th, 2014 at 11:51 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

I ordered my 650 and goodies from brianenos.com

primers and powder try to find it locally or order alot to offset the hazmat
    I use xtreme bullets for heads
    vrass you can order at about 100 places

(York County)

Thanks to justashooter and every one else. Some real good information here, this will help a lot. Zigzag

(York County)

There are a lot of options out there depending on what you want to load. Pistol/Rifle of both. If rifle are planning to tune for the perfect load for your rifle are just good reliable rounds.

No mater what you want to do I am local and can show you some equipment and suggest some sources depending on where you want to end up.

Rich

(Montgomery County)

It's a bit far from you but if you are ever in Mont Co area, Kings Shooter Supplies has a lot of equipment, they make/sell their own Bullets, and a knowledgeable staff that will spend time answering all your questions.