Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default From the "Free State" to an actual Free State

Hello everyone!

I've been waiting to post here for awhile now ever since I made the decision to move from MD to PA. With settlement in 3 weeks, I felt that it would be a good time to join up and introduce myself.

I was (unfortunately) born and raised in Baltimore County, MD. I do some computer aided drafting for an engineering firm here in (even more unfortunate) Baltimore City. I've got myself a beautiful fiance and I will be marrying her this time next year. We are going to be moving into our new house in Red Lion in the next couple of weeks. We are beyond excited to get out of Maryland.

I've been an active member of MDShooters (switched my username, wanted a change) for five years and am also a member of Maryland Shall Issue, the NRA and SAF. I've grown up around firearms all my life and was introduced to shooting at a young age.

Looking forward to becoming a neighbor to some of you and joining all of you in discussions on these boards!

(Berks County)

Default Re: From the "Free State" to an actual Free State

Welcome to PA. You will find it a lot more gun friendly (for now) here.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(York County)

Looking forward to it! Finally will be able to exercise our rights.

I'm disappointed I won't be a "resident" until a few days after the deadline to register to vote for this election. I've been reading up a little on PA politics, potentially losing the Senate and Corbett being ousted wouldn't be good. It's a scary thought that PA may end up like the facist state I come from.

But, you can count me in as another to fight to protect our rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpster View Post
    Hello everyone!

I've been waiting to post here for awhile now ever since I made the decision to move from MD to PA. With settlement in 3 weeks, I felt that it would be a good time to join up and introduce myself.

I was (unfortunately) born and raised in Baltimore County, MD. I do some computer aided drafting for an engineering firm here in (even more unfortunate) Baltimore City. I've got myself a beautiful fiance and I will be marrying her this time next year. We are going to be moving into our new house in Red Lion in the next couple of weeks. We are beyond excited to get out of Maryland.

I've been an active member of MDShooters (switched my username, wanted a change) for five years and am also a member of Maryland Shall Issue, the NRA and SAF. I've grown up around firearms all my life and was introduced to shooting at a young age.

Looking forward to becoming a neighbor to some of you and joining all of you in discussions on these boards!
    Welcome to Pa. We can use all the pro 2nd citizens we can get. Please become familiar with your reps and help keep Pa from becoming Maryland down the road.

Enjoy the forum!

(Bucks County)

I'm disappointed I won't be a "resident" until a few days after the deadline to register to vote for this election. I've been reading up a little on PA politics, potentially losing the Senate and Corbett being ousted wouldn't be good. It's a scary thought that PA may end up like the facist state I come from.

Congrats, living proof there's at least one smart person in PRMD.
    Enjoy your newly found, secured by the Constitution, rights.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(York County)

...beautiful fiance and I will be marrying her this time next year. We are going to be moving into our new house in Red Lion in the next couple of weeks...
    Welcome to PA (lived in Southern Maryland for a hundred years!). A few of us live in the Red Lion area - wonderful place to live!
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

(York County)

welcome to red lion, the highest taxed school district in the county. lots of us live in that hick town or the surrounding countryside, where being able to piss off your front porch and shoot out your dining room screen door are a way of life...open the door first, of course...remember to send alimony to second ex-wife...build some guns...drink some homemade wine, blow some stuff up, nail some chick over the front porch rail, rinse, repeat...we call it America.

(York County)

Welcome! I just moved from Taneytown to Hanover few months ago. Haven't gotten my CCW yet, but it feels free-er up here already.

(York County)

Welcome to the neighborhood. We moved up 16yrs ago and love it. School tax can irritate you but the cost of housing and a CCW out way it. Good luck with settlement. If you go to the court house to fill out you ccw just remember to leave cell phone, fire pager and any other kind of electrical device in your vehicle. Good luck and GOD bless from MILLER-BAKER ARMS.

Welcome to freedom. I wouldn't worry about Governor Wolf, he's impotent and won't accomplish ANYTHING in his term, just like the former Democrap Governor Rendell. He has a Republican state house that isn't letting him get away with anything and in return he's being a petulant crybaby like Obama and won't sign a budget unless he gets everything HE wants. It's not working out well for him...he's a lame duck Governor just a few months in!

I was born in MD also, thankfully my parents escaped when I was a child so I never had to deal with the Communism.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast