Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Default Re: DCF&S should welcome PSP practice.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    DCFS did at one time have something like you suggest. However the privileges were abused
    Cops are known for doing that. Many years ago, I worked in fast food. We had a policy of feed the local cops for free. One cop would order enough food to feed his family. The policy changed and we let every cop know why.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveIam View Post
    Why don't they just join and shoot there like everyone else?
    Exactly just because they wear a uniform and badge to work does not mean you should be treated any differently than any other person.

Plus what sort of liability would this or any other club be taking on if a trooper gets shot and killed training on the range like happened up at the Montgomery County owned training facility this week.

(Delaware County)

I appreciate the troopers wanting to be proficient but the state needs to provide range time for them or buy memberships for them. Yes I will be footing part of that bill but giving group passes isn't fair to the members.

(Delaware County)

OK, now for my 2 cents. It is no secret that law enforcement from feds to local enjoy discounts at Targetmaster, as well as the indoor range in Yeadon. At those facilities the police could rapid fire relative to part of their qualification of having to shoot X number of rounds, drop the mag., load another loaded mag. and empty that device as well. All within 20 25 seconds, this shooting at (excuse the phrase) humanoid silhouette targets. This procedure is done at 7 and 3 yards. The latter distance is done point and shoot with no extended arm or use of sights. This saying nothing about kneeling positions or left and right barricade positions which are common stances at police qualification courses.

Lets see, can anyone count the delco. rules violations that would be committed by L.E. officer during that practice run? Or better yet, how many paramedics would it take to treat the delco ROs for symptoms of a stroke and or heart attack. I do not believe that police officers and the club administration would be happy with each other, even if a discount deal could be struck.
    Last edited by c45man; October 2nd, 2014 at 12:37 PM.

(Chester County)

I wouldn't be opposed to the state building a multi million dollar shooting facility for the troopers and make it open to DCFS members on a group pass. Preferably within a few minutes of my house.

(Delaware County)

DCF&S should welcome PSP practice.
    As far as I know they already do. They welcome my practice, your practice and any practice. Once you apply, are approved, and pay for your membership, you are welcome to follow all club rules and practice. Did I miss a sign that said "PSP practice not welcome"?
    Useless laws weaken the necessary laws.

(Delaware County)

Talking Re: DCF&S should welcome PSP practice.

Maybe the club could trade the passes in exchange for Traffic violation passes for club members.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post

To the best of my recollection, the new plan is a list of names that will use the pass has to be registered with the office, the folks on that list have to take orientation just like the general membership does, they can only shoot when the office is open, they must follow ALL club rules pertaining to being on the range, and the pass is kept in the club office.
    Any update?

Did club issued those passes already?

If I understand your post right, trooper that is on the list will have to go to office to pick up badge each time LEO shoot and return it afterwards.

And part of “follow ALL club rules” include not carrying and not drawing out holster? So if LEO in uniform and driving cruiser want to shoot, he has to disarm, unload before entering club grounds. Then put his weapon into range box and only then drive up the club hill. (Like rest of the members should be doing)

Honestly I see cops breaking that and other rules.
    MAYBE, just MAYBE this will shed light on how STUPID no carry rule is!
    Last edited by Egres; November 2nd, 2014 at 11:12 AM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Egres View Post

Any update?

Did club issued those passes already?

If I understand your post right, trooper that is on the list will have to go to office to pick up badge each time LEO shoot and return it afterwards.

And part of “follow ALL club rules” include not carrying and not drawing out holster? So if LEO in uniform and driving cruiser want to shoot, he has to disarm, unload before entering club grounds. Then put his weapon into range box and only then drive up the club hill. (Like rest of the members should be doing)

Honestly I see cops breaking that and other rules.
    MAYBE, just MAYBE this will shed light on how STUPID no carry rule is!

Egres, your best bet is to attend some club meetings and ask these questions. Work has been busy and I have not kept up on these things.

That said, not sure how your in uniform driving the cruiser would work, most likely the cop wanting to shoot would be off duty, not in the company car.

Will they be driving the PSP car with the license plate recording devices on it through the parking lot again?
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast