Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Found firearm on Cedar Crest in Emmaus/Allentown

I was jes kiddin That's good of you. I appreciate what you did and are doing. I often transport guns on my motorcycle. If it happens to me, I hope I am this lucky. (rep sent).

(Indiana County)

OP, don't forget to file a claim on the lost property in case they can't find the owner. You found it, it might end up being yours.

Quote Originally Posted by bushcraft View Post
    Just trying to find rightful owner if it was a responsible firearm owner who lost it while driving a motorcycle.
    Do you have reason to believe the gun-loser was riding a motorcycle?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Do you have reason to believe the gun-loser was riding a motorcycle?
    Middle of road.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
    -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    PAFOA Feedback

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    OP, don't forget to file a claim on the lost property in case they can't find the owner. You found it, it might end up being yours.
    Is this real?
    PAFOA Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    No, it's one or the other, not both.

1. They could investigate everyone that bought a .308 rifle from an FFL. But, unlike Federal Arms, there is no database for FFL rifle purchases. So, that's nearly impossible. And would not catch me because I found a rifle. Or,

2. Somebody sees me picking up a gun and calls the cops. Heck, maybe somebody saw the guy that ACTUALLY SHOOTING THE COPS. Apparently that didn't happen.

One has nothing to do with the other, and neither is related to your example. They can't look up everybody that bought a .308 and they sure can't look up everybody that found a rifle.

No, finding a gun does not make me a suspect regardless of its caliber.
    What makes you think that nobody saw the gun being retrieved from the road? Just because you get it home safe is no assurance that nobody called the cops, or that the cops aren't working the scene and the facts they have right now.

It's a suspicious act to pick up a gun on the side of the road. And these days, assuming that nobody saw you, and that there's no video of the event, is not a safe assumption. If it were indeed a rifle, and it somehow turned out to be the cop-killer's weapon (which would explain the abandonment, wouldn't it?), then you seriously don't want to be in possession of it when they track you down.

Just a hypothetical, and a reason why one wouldn't want to be holding a found firearm under some circumstances. The same applies to guns found in the water under bridges, BTW.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    What makes you think that nobody saw the gun being retrieved from the road? Just because you get it home safe is no assurance that nobody called the cops, or that the cops aren't working the scene and the facts they have right now.

It's a suspicious act to pick up a gun on the side of the road. And these days, assuming that nobody saw you, and that there's no video of the event, is not a safe assumption. If it were indeed a rifle, and it somehow turned out to be the cop-killer's weapon (which would explain the abandonment, wouldn't it?), then you seriously don't want to be in possession of it when they track you down.

Just a hypothetical, and a reason why one wouldn't want to be holding a found firearm under some circumstances. The same applies to guns found in the water under bridges, BTW.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with my original post.

The OP found a gun. I said I am not a suspect of a crime, so the heritage of the gun is of minor concern to me.

You said if I had found a .308 rifle then I would be a suspect.

That is silly, and complete bullshit.

Then you said that people who bought barrels from a certain company were investigated for a crime. Which has nothing to do with me finding a gun.

Let me break it down for you.

There are a few ways to become a suspect.

1. You were encountered at the scene or recorded. Pro tip - Video is not a fingerprint, it's not a license plate, and it's not a name or Social Security number. Based on my personal experience of about 10 criminal events caught on video.

Don't know how many you have seen, but have you ever seen the ones police put on TV? Somehow there is never a license plate and never any damn thing that would ever identify anybody.

It seems that doesn't happen at PSP barracks, either.

2. Evidence at the scene leads them to you.

3. Peculiarities of evidence makes them take a look of the entire population.

4. Somebody sees me pick up a gun or a stick or a baseball bat and reports it.

No, having a gun in no way makes you a suspect, because nobody knows. Why aren't all the Latin Kings and MS13 suspects since they have guns used for nefarious pruposes?

You have to be a suspect before the gun means anything.

Guns may be evidence.

Having a gun doesn't make you a suspect. Guns don't phone home. If I had the gun that that the shitbag that shot those troopers used, nobody would ever know. Despite your specious examples.

Refute that. Sincerely.

(Lackawanna County)

I love firearms, and I am always looking to add one to my collection. However, if I found one lying in the roadway, I would call the police. I wouldn't even pick it up. I'd wait for the cops to arrive, but I would not make any claims for it even if the rightful owner weren't found.

That's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    That has absolutely nothing to do with my original post.

The OP found a gun. I said I am not a suspect of a crime, so the heritage of the gun is of minor concern to me.

You said if I had found a .308 rifle then I would be a suspect.

That is silly, and complete bullshit.

Then you said that people who bought barrels from a certain company were investigated for a crime. Which has nothing to do with me finding a gun.

Let me break it down for you.

There are a few ways to become a suspect.

1. You were encountered at the scene or recorded. Pro tip - Video is not a fingerprint, it's not a license plate, and it's not a name or Social Security number. Based on my personal experience of about 10 criminal events caught on video.

Don't know how many you have seen, but have you ever seen the ones police put on TV? Somehow there is never a license plate and never any damn thing that would ever identify anybody.

It seems that doesn't happen at PSP barracks, either.

2. Evidence at the scene leads them to you.

3. Peculiarities of evidence makes them take a look of the entire population.

4. Somebody sees me pick up a gun or a stick or a baseball bat and reports it.

No, having a gun in no way makes you a suspect, because nobody knows. Why aren't all the Latin Kings and MS13 suspects since they have guns used for nefarious pruposes?

You have to be a suspect before the gun means anything.

Guns may be evidence.

Having a gun doesn't make you a suspect. Guns don't phone home. If I had the gun that that the shitbag that shot those troopers used, nobody would ever know. Despite your specious examples.

Refute that. Sincerely.
    Please re-read my posts. You're missing the point entirely.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

Mr. Kline:

Glad to hear you weigh in on my original post.

The firearm in question was not a rifle but however a pistol. The road, Cedar Crest Blvd., is heavily traveled and someone easily saw it and myself pick it up. Within 5 minutes of picking it up it was turned into a local police department with description of location and my information if they have any further questions.

Pictures I took prior to turning it show the holster broke causing it to fall out of waist band onto road.

I am hoping that they do find the lawful gun owner and it is returned.

Bushcraft
    PAFOA Feedback

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast