Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Hunting with semi-autos - fudds and anti's in the PG

it's probably time to seek counseling for your irrational fear of them.

Rep sent. Excellent.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Oh come on, you're selfishness is showing. You're not a team player. Just take a page from this commenter:

Quote:
    "We all accept many limitations on our freedom for the greater good of society."

So give up your freedom for the "greater good", cause scary black guns are scary n'at.

If you have the capacity, at least some people will use it, following animals in their sights with no regard as they swing the rifle.

fuck you HAROLD L. HOUSEHOLDER , stupid asswipe and fuck PPG.

Basically says people who own semis are stupid hicks to me. typical garbage from these morons.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Luzerne County)

Some people still think we should hunt with a pointed stick or a rock.... If you dont like autos then DONT BUY ONE.... but why prevent the rest of us that would like to use them from doing so ??? You have your private land so you can make the rules there, but NOT for the entire state. If they allowed Sunday hunting ( which I am also totally for ) you can post your land and sit there while the rest of us enjoy a day in the woods hunting on Sundays.... but do NOT try to dictate what or when or where I can hunt with the exception of YOUR land. I lived in Wisconsin for 55 years and moved here to PA about 11 years ago. Wisconsin, like MOST states, allow semi autos for hunting ... and if you look at the numbers they are about the same number as hunters in Wisconsin as here in PA and the number of large game taken has NOT decimated the herds, caused more injuries or any other statistic you want to throw out there. As far as non-hunters using State Game Lands, then let them buy a permit that allows them to use them instead of trying to take away the rights we have there by purchasing hunting licenses....
    Stay in your house on Sunday, read the paper, watch some old movies but let us use the weapon that WE choose, not you choose for us..

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    fuck you HAROLD L. HOUSEHOLDER , stupid asswipe and fuck PPG.

Basically says people who own semis are stupid hicks to me. typical garbage from these morons.
    You made yourself sound like a stupid hick with that response. I thank you Mr. Householder for making your land available for use by other sportsmen. I too own many firearms including semi-auto pistols and rifles, and I too agree that they have no place in the PA deer woods. Tradition is a big part of deer hunting in PA and semi-auto rifles are not part of that tradition.

Call me a FUDD if you want to, I will wear that badge with honor, just don't call me a liberal because I am about as conservative as a guy can get. You say the sport is dying... if I need to have people walking around the wood with AR's to keep the sport alive, then the "sport" is already dead.

(Bucks County)

So an AR is the only semi-auto that people would hunt with?

You're a fudd.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by nittanelion33 View Post
    You made yourself sound like a stupid hick with that response. I thank you Mr. Householder for making your land available for use by other sportsmen. I too own many firearms including semi-auto pistols and rifles, and I too agree that they have no place in the PA deer woods. Tradition is a big part of deer hunting in PA and semi-auto rifles are not part of that tradition.

Call me a FUDD if you want to, I will wear that badge with honor, just don't call me a liberal because I am about as conservative as a guy can get. You say the sport is dying... if I need to have people walking around the wood with AR's to keep the sport alive, then the "sport" is already dead.
    If you're basing that upon tradition, then why aren't you hunting with a flintlock?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Washington County)

I heard the same kind of arguments when the PRNJ was considering allowing slugs to be used for deer hunting in the 1970s. They predicted blood running in the woods because the slugs would be lethal for miles. What actually happened is injuries went down because buckshot spreads. Also slugs kill more humanely. I have a friend who is really good with his Marlin Lever gun and he can get five shots off almost as fast as a semi. Its not the firearm its the person behind the bang switch.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobGun View Post
    Its not the firearm its the person behind the bang switch.
    ...approves this message.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

Why have they no place in pennsylvania hunting? Tradition? What do you use to hunt? A musket? Surely no other modern day gear? Or just stuff you prefer? What bothers me is when you decide your choice is best for everyone and their choice doesn't matter. No one is saying you have to do something but you proudly tell people to hunt your way or not at all.

Seriously, what gear have you purchased recently? Or use on your hunts? Do you reload? Guys used to say that was for manufacturers not some guy in his kitchen or garage.

Look up the stats for other states to see how wrong you are.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast