Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Input for machine gun rental business - RANGE Options

We are starting a machine gun rental business near Washington, PA (SW PA) and would like your input on several areas: our inventory selection, pricing, range options, etc. We currently shoot at our small private range but recently put in a bid to purchase 25 acres to expand the possibilities.

Currently we have these machine guns in inventory or on order (Click here to view pictures of all the machine guns):

So first area I would like to discuss is our inventory: what's your thoughts on what we do have? What would you add?

Here's the request list so far:
    H&K G36 - 1 vote
    M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle - 2 vote
    1919 Browning - 1 vote
    MP40 - 2 vote
    PPSh-41 - 2 vote
    Browning M2 - 1 vote
    Smith & Wesson 76 - 1 vote
    M249 - 1 vote
    M60 - 3 vote
    M3 Grease Gun - 1 vote
    M14 - 1 vote

NOTE: This thread has been pre-approved by the forum moderators.
    Last edited by WCMG; September 17th, 2014 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Updated Request List
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Input for machine gun rental business

You have a pretty good selection, and there really isn't much more to add to that.

One day though I'm going to have to rip a belt through your Buzzsaw you have listed.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You have a pretty good selection, and there really isn't much more to add to that.

One day though I'm going to have to rip a belt through your Buzzsaw you have listed.
    We tried to have a nice selection before starting up.. we are staying away from the very small MG's due to safety concerns, so no full-auto Glocks, mini Uzi's, etc, or very powerful handguns such as the .500 S&W Magnum, we want people to stop by and have a very enjoyable, safe experience.

If you get near Pittsburgh, give me a call. The MG-34 hasn't arrived yet, it's been delayed and I'm really looking forward to shooting that. We have 6,000 rounds of 8mm just sitting here with nothing to shoot.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.

(Washington County)

Tht's a strong lineup you have assembled there!

What would your thoughts be on adding a Glock 18 or H&K G36? (MG's of course) Also, I'm curious to see what pricing is going to be like; I've never rented a gun to shoot before.

EDIT: I just saw your post regarding the smaller MG's..
    Last edited by TheGhost27; September 15th, 2014 at 04:59 PM. Reason: edit
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

(Washington County)

Needs some heat.

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhost27 View Post
    Tht's a strong lineup you have assembled there!

What would your thoughts be on adding a Glock 18 or H&K G36? (MG's of course) Also, I'm curious to see what pricing is going to be like; I've never rented a gun to shoot before.

EDIT: I just saw your post regarding the smaller MG's..
    Here's the request list:

H&K G36 - 1 vote

We are still refining the prices, but here's what we started with:

Shooter Packages
    $50.00 - Single Package - Choose 1 firearm plus 1 of the free ones
    $225.00 - Standard Package - Choose any 5 firearms plus 2 of the free ones ($25 discount)
    $450.00 - Premium Package - Choose any 10 firearms plus the 3 free ones ($50 discount)

Once you shoot one you can purchase additional turns for $25, so if you shoot the MP5-N two times the cost would be $50 + $25 = $75.

The "free" ones are the British Military Lee-Enfield, Remington 700 suppressed, M&P22 suppressed, Desert Eagle XIX 50 AE, and Glock 22 LE Edition.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeSheepDog View Post
    Needs some heat.

WOW, now that's one item we haven't considered and will put this on the back burner for a future consideration. If Knob Creek does it, it's probably reasonably safe, so yeah, we will consider this maybe next year.

You do have an excellent selection. Lots of guns I would love to fire like the Thompson, Sten, and that Walther MPK.

I suggest you see about getting any old military auto you can. I think from a business standpoint it would do well. People see these iconic weapons like the BAR, MP40, PPSh41, Browning M2, etc in movies and I think even non-gun people would probably be interested in the opportunity to shoot them. You have a pretty nice selection as it stands with the Sten, Thompson, and MG34. I think a water cooled MG would be really neat to have avaliable too, like a Maxim, Vickers, or a Browning M1917.

Also, I really want to shoot a Smith & Wesson 76. They are such ugly and mean looking weapons. I have seen them a lot in films from the 1970s and 80s, but nobody really know about them. They are apparently very controllable and pleasant to fire.

Repeal the 17th Amendment

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat222 View Post
    You do have an excellent selection. Lots of guns I would love to fire like the Thompson, Sten, and that Walther MPK.

I suggest you see about getting any old military auto you can. I think from a business standpoint it would do well. People see these iconic weapons like the BAR, MP40, PPSh41, Browning M2, etc in movies and I think even non-gun people would probably be interested in the opportunity to shoot them. You have a pretty nice selection as it stands with the Sten, Thompson, and MG34. I think a water cooled MG would be really neat to have avaliable too, like a Maxim, Vickers, or a Browning M1917.

Also, I really want to shoot a Smith & Wesson 76. They are such ugly and mean looking weapons. I have seen them a lot in films from the 1970s and 80s, but nobody really know about them. They are apparently very controllable and pleasant to fire.

Excellent input, thank you! I could see getting any of these: BAR, MP40, PPSh41, Browning M2, or the Smith & Wesson 76, but probably not one of the Maxims, Vickers, or Browning M1917 due to purchase price and maintenance cost. I would like to see the Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) in our inventory early next year. Our goal is to get our inventory up to 30 unique machine guns with at least 20 unique free ones. We are considering switching to a 07/02 FFL/SOT to allow us to build our own MG's and will decided that in the coming months.

(Allegheny County)

Oh, boy.

I wish you were located FAR, FAR, FAR away.

This is going to be impossible to resist.
    Gotta go dump my penny jars...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast