Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Input for machine gun rental business

Sounds dumb but I'm geeked that you'll have a FA AK47.
    I've shot an M16 once, and lots of them seem to be around, but I don't hear people talk about full auto AKs much at all and I'd like to try one.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I've shot an M16 once, and lots of them seem to be around, but I don't hear people talk about full auto AKs much at all and I'd like to try one.
    It looks fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03kl2RDTN-g

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeSheepDog View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but what do you think about the guys tapping, plugging, and welding the holes in the SG43 de-milled barrels? I'm looking to get into the 54R belt fed game and I don't want to convert my 1919 so I was looking into doing a re-weld of an SG43 following some of the builds online. Not looking forward to solving the FCG issues for a semi build though. Yikes.

I tried to rep you for the Lord of War reference but I can't rep you again yet!
    ...yeah, ive seen and talked to a few people about that. Im just not comfortable with it. Its probably a mental thing, whats the difference in re-welding a cut receiver to welding a hole in a barrel? I just have issues with making sure there is not small protrusion of weld inside the bore. Sure thats what bore scopes are for and part of the re-wat process. I guess im just a nervous nelly about it. That and replacement small parts, semi or full, shit breaks.

For all the more the 54R conversion is to a 1919, why not. You can swap it back in less than 30min. That is if you buy enough parts to do a complete swap; lock frame, 30-06 booster, and all small parts to build into complete units. The kit comes with a stripped top cover, bolt, front cartridge stop.
    Its a matter of pulling the bolt out, swapping the lock frame with the barrel attached, front cartridge stop, booster, and complete top cover. Re-set you head space and go shoot.
    ....but I've never messed with a semi 1919, so im not sure how to convert the Barrel Xchange 54R kit. Troy may sell one already converted.

I love the AK. One of my favorite shoulder fire weapons.
    Full/fixed stock that is. As bad ass as the under folders look, that are not fun to shoot unless you only shoot from the hip or while allahu akbaring around corners.
    Just my opinion though
    For transferable AKs, they are a tough sale. There are not a ton of them out there like MACs/Uzis/M16s, so they can fetch a high price, $16-22K. But a lot of them are under folders, so....see above opinion.
    Honestly, if were looking to dump money into a one trick pony like the AK, buy the cheapest transferable i could find, a AKS-74U parts kit and have it converted to 5.45x39.
    1) Its cheaper and more fun to shoot
    2) There are ZERO true transferable AKS-74Us in the country, a conversion will be the closest you can get
    3) Its a Krink! (no more explanation needed)
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    Forget the M249 unless you like exercises in frustration trying to get parts.....while being cost effective. Same with the the 240 line up.

Get a 1919, they are cheap and easy to work on.

I love our PKM. Its so reliable and violent to shoot LOL.
    And ammo is still dirt cheap. To me its expensive compared to the last skid we bought, but its still dirt cheap when you look at feeding other belt-fed weapons.
    Hell i converted 2 1919s into 54R for that reason.

To me the M60 is a bore. Low recoil and just a chug/chug/chug rate of fire.
    Barrels and op-rods and top covers can get expensive.
    But everyone wants you to bring them the gun of Rambo

I want to build a SG43 since we picked up a carriage some where. But with the stupid ass barrel ban, i dont feel like messing with another com-block weapon with limited parts. The PKM is enough.

An M2, well, its an M2 LOL
    Parts are out there, but she sure likes fine dinning.
    Unless you are buying skids of 50 (something like 9500rd to keep it under $2-3/rd) its a really cool display piece.
    Thanks! I didn't know about the issue with parts for the M249, maybe PKM is the way to go. I'll probably stay away from the M2 for a while, cost of ammo is a killer there, how many customers could afford to shoot it. Now the Browning 1919 is an option, I haven't considered one of those. I'll check into that, I could see that being a crowd favorite.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNGUY45 View Post
    MG42, M60, maybe an M3 Grease Gun??

I'll second the PPsh, MP-40, & 1918 BAR.
    Since we already have a MG-34, probably won't get a MG-42. M-60 is on my wish list, but pretty pricey, maybe next year. Now the M3 Grease Gun is a possibility that we can probably get.. I'll see how the voting goes.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    Is that 50 Beowulf SBR full auto as well? If so...I may have to shoot it.
    Yes, the 50 Beowulf SBR is full-auto, check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmeD4doJcws

(Washington County)

We had a brand new full-auto AK built for us and just waiting for the paperwork to arrive from the ATF. Keep an eye on our Facebook page to see when it arrives. I have never shot a full-auto AK and looking forward to it.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCGS View Post
    Thanks! I didn't know about the issue with parts for the M249, maybe PKM is the way to go. I'll probably stay away from the M2 for a while, cost of ammo is a killer there, how many customers could afford to shoot it. Now the Browning 1919 is an option, I haven't considered one of those. I'll check into that, I could see that being a crowd favorite.
    Hey i dont know your bank roll, dont let me talk you out of anything cool haha

They all exist and guys shoot them. You just need reliable sources of parts.
    Ask some 249 gunners what breaks and start looking for parts before you buy the gun (they will be biased and say the whole entire gun is a piece of shit)

PKM is the same, barrel ban has you by the balls there. Parts kits are becoming a premium and north of $8k for a complete kit with two barrels. Small parts are as well. Then you have receiver and building. A complete working PKM hasnt been for sale for some time that i have seen.

Ok i lied, PKM kit on GB for under $5k
    Last edited by Nate7667; September 16th, 2014 at 12:41 PM. Reason: im a liar
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

Quote Originally Posted by WCGS View Post
    Yes, the 50 Beowulf SBR is full-auto, check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmeD4doJcws
    I somehow completely missed "Machine Gun" beside it.

Also, I would vote for a BAR. A full auto 30-06 firing from the shoulder sounds fun (and painful).

(Westmoreland County)

There really isn't much more to add to your list. The only thing left would be 50 cal Sniper rifles.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast