Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 557 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

Default Re: Troopers shot at Blooming Grove Barracks

Those troopers and their families are in my thoughts.

I'm sure that UncleJumbo knows that if it ever came to it, there are honest citizens here that would have the PSP's (and LEO's in generals) six in a bad spot.

I heard that NJ and NY LE agencies are helping in the search. Hope they catch the scumbags.

(Carbon County)

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    Those troopers and their families are in my thoughts.

I'm sure that UncleJumbo knows that if it ever came to it, there are honest citizens here that would have the PSP's (and LEO's in generals) six in a bad spot.

I heard that NJ and NY LE agencies are helping in the search. Hope they catch the scumbags.
    I can imagine trying to help out in this circumstance and being mistaken as one of the assailants....
    Might come to pass that it could be a bad idea.

(Bucks County)

I wonder if this is some asshole wanna be gangsta trying to earn street cred.

(Monroe County)

Officials say they believe the shooting was a targeted attack against the state police.
    Ya think?

I hope the response in more controlled then in PRCA. But once the right people are found what happens- happens .
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Juniata County)

Best reporting I've found by far.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/sta...oose-1.1752525
    STATE TROOPER DEAD; KILLER ON THE LOOSE - News - The Times-Tribune

A shooting has been reported at the Blooming Grove state police barracks. (Butch Comegys / Staff Photographer)

A shooting has been reported at the Blooming Grove state police barracks. (Butch Comegys / Staff Photographer)

STATE TROOPER DEAD; KILLER ON THE LOOSE

STAFF REPORT
    Published: September 13, 2014

One state trooper is dead and one is injured in a shooting at the state police barracks in Blooming Grove Twp., Pike County. Authorities are still searching for the suspect or suspects.

State police Commissioner Frank Noonan, addressing the media this morning at 7:05, said, “This has been an emotional night for all of us.”

Flanked by other law enforcement officials, Commissioner Noonan said two state troopers were “ambushed” at 10:50 last night outside the front doors of the state police barracks in Blooming Grove. He confirmed that one trooper was killed and another was injured and taken to Geisinger Medical Center in Scranton where he is in stable condition. Police are not yet releasing the names of the victims. They plan to hold regular updates throughout the day.

Mr. Noonan revealed few details about the investigation but indicated the shooting happened during a shift change as one trooper was leaving the barracks and another arriving when shots were fired.

Law enforcement officials from throughout the northeast part of the state and New York and New Jersey descended upon the region and are assisting in the search for the shooter. Commissioner Noonan said area residents are not under restrictions to stay in their homes but said everyone should be alert. Authorities do not have a description of the shooter but said they are following several leads.

“We can't say that the situation is completely in hand.,” Commissioner Noonan said. He also said the attack seemed to be directed solely at state police.

Anyone with information is asked to call 911 or the Honesdale state police barracks at 570-253-7126.

Certain roads in the area, including Route 402 will be closed during the investigation.

Overnight, at the Honesdale barracks the mood was somber. Outside was a carved stone monument with a silhouette of a state trooper and the inscription, "Remember the fallen."

Lackawanna County dispatched its SWAT team Friday night to assist with the shooting, county Communications Supervisor Michael Kelechowa said. Helicopters were seen flying over the area.

A resident of the area said he heard shots near the state police barracks at 434 Route 402, Blooming Grove Twp. A reporter on scene saw a fleet of police vehicles from a wide range of law enforcement departments streaming toward the barracks.

The Blooming Grove station is in a wooded area, surrounded by state game lands, about 6 miles east of Lake Wallenpaupack, nearly 2 miles north of Exit 30 of Interstate 84.

This is the second fatal shooting of a state trooper in Northeast Pennsylvania in the past five years. In 2009, Trooper Joshua Miller, of Pittston Twp., was killed in the line of duty after a high-speed chase ended in a hail of gunfire in Monroe County.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Can anyone firmly confirm or deny shots fired at EMS? My prayers, however small are with the family. The date is concerning; what is the Moslem population in the region?

Romans 13:4 - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Be interesting to see the motive for this.

1. Revenge attack
    2. Terrorism
    Not to be negative on police especially today, but could also be a rogue trooper.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

Quote Originally Posted by deangelo1290@comcast.net View Post
    I can imagine trying to help out in this circumstance and being mistaken as one of the assailants....
    Might come to pass that it could be a bad idea.
    Making wise choices about how and when to help is key.

Here are 44 cases of armed citizens aiding LEO's.

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/ccw/officer_peril.htm

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Can anyone firmly confirm or deny shots fired at EMS? My prayers, however small are with the family. The date is concerning; what is the Moslem population in the region?

Romans 13:4 - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.
    Prayers are never small
    Montani Semper Liberi

Page 2 of 557 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast