18 12.33%
  • CC

110 75.34%
  • Both Equally

18 12.33%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Pike County)

Default Re: How do you carry?

I got into carrying a pistol about 5 months ago and it's concealed carry all the time for me, I carry my full sized M&P 9 whenever I am not at work or at a "People's Republic" state. I have even slept with it on. Last weekend I didn't carry on Saturday because a friend from Jersey was visiting and we were doing stuff by the border, I was afraid we might inadvertently end up in NJ.

Eventually I might do an open carry with a shirt that covers it, I feel pistols like my custom made Commander 1911 and Belgium Hi-Power are made for outside the waste band carry. I don't know if I would ever do a fully exposed open carry because I always feel a trouble maker may call the police and say I waived it around or something, I just don't trust people. Someone from Pennsylvania might not do it but the visitors from NY/NJ may...

I was thinking about even getting a zip up hoodies once it gets colder and getting one of those old chest rig setup's to carry my 1911, like the police did in years past. Something feels right about that kind of carry with a 1911.
    Last edited by LifeInPa; September 14th, 2014 at 07:42 PM.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Not being provocative this time but there are people who oc in Philly. It is legal just a bit more difficult to do without getting harassed.
    Sure, the law doesn't explicitly prohibit oc, however common sense and certain social norms just scream its not a bright idea. I'm almost certain i would be the subject of a "man with a gun " call. And we all know how those frequently turn out.

(Lawrence County)

Oc 100% of the time. I even own a 5.11 patrol jacket which zippers on the side to allow the handgun to stay outside the jacket. (Perk of old job)
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Monroe County)

I have been OC for 18 months now. Not one issue(except Dicks) and thats it.
    I do not even think about it anymore. I AM NOT DOING ANYTHING ILLEGAL ...period! I have not been hassled by any LEO.... It is NOT illegal period. I do not look like a thug so people outside of a very few occasions (all positive) usually do not say anything to me when OC'ing because I do not pay attention to anyone,(outside of SA) especially when I am with my 12 yr old. I mind my damn business and go about my day. If I encounter a negative LEO one day and he wants to tell me about his opinion and try to feed me his own agenda I will professionally tell him to please uphold the law and not his opinions and agenda. That is all I will say. I am around people from NY/NJ every weekend, the Poconos is a tourist bed on most weekends and nobody ever says anything to me. Even at the Crossings Outlet shops which is all tourists..nothing.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
    Sure, the law doesn't explicitly prohibit oc, however common sense and certain social norms just scream its not a bright idea. I'm almost certain i would be the subject of a "man with a gun " call. And we all know how those frequently turn out.
    So you just accept the fact that your rights are trampled on in Philly?

Common sense tells you that you do not need a gun because the police are here to protect you. Common sense suggests that you do not need a rifle with "military features".

You may call those who oc in Philly "not bright". I call them Bill, Mike, Joe, Mark.........
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(York County)

CC most of the time but not "deep concealment". Usually just an open shirt over a t-shirt with an OWB holster. If it shows it shows. OC about 15% of the time, usually when I don't feel like finding an over shirt to throw on (late night trips to Weiss for ice cream mostly )

III% - Stand and be counted

(Philadelphia County)

So you just accept the fact that your rights are trampled on in Philly?

Common sense tells you that you do not need a gun because the police are here to protect you. Common sense suggests that you do not need a rifle with "military features".

You may call those who oc in Philly "not bright". I call them Bill, Mike, Joe, Mark.........
    I'm not carrying for political reasons. I'm carrying for self defense. In a densely populated city like Philly with its gun violence day in and day out, people just aren't the mood to be open minded.

Common sense also tells me that the police can't protect me. Police rarely protect anyone, they show up at crime scenes after the fact. It's everyone foremost responsibility to protect them selves. It's amazing how some people can simply surrender that right.

All said , I'll walk softly and carry a big stick(in my pocket)

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
    I'm not carrying for political reasons. I'm carrying for self defense. In a densely populated city like Philly with its gun violence day in and day out, people just aren't the mood to be open minded.

Common sense also tells me that the police can't protect me. Police rarely protect anyone, they show up at crime scenes after the fact. It's everyone foremost responsibility to protect them selves. It's amazing how some people can simply surrender that right.

All said , I'll walk softly and carry a big stick(in my pocket)
    You make a lot of assumptions. Many who oc in Philly do not do so as a political statement.

When someone has an issue with me ocing it is there hang up not mine. I am dealing with some personal issuies but I do not project my problems or fears on others just because I deal with them daily.

As far as mood to be open minded, I don't care if they approve of oc they just need to leave them alone and go about their buisness as if there was no big deal because there is not.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Philadelphia County)

You make a lot of assumptions. Many who oc in Philly do not do so as a political statement.

When someone has an issue with me ocing it is there hang up not mine. I am dealing with some personal issuies but I do not project my problems or fears on others just because I deal with them daily.

As far as mood to be open minded, I don't care if they approve of oc they just need to leave them alone and go about their buisness as if there was no big deal because there is not.
    Hey, fair enough. I don't mean to make assumptions about the people that OC in Philly.OC is great, it's just not my preferred method but I respect the right of others to carry as hey choose, within the confines of the law.

I'm just glad we live in a state that affords us such freedoms. Many of our neighbouring states can't make that claim.

(Chester County)

Angry Re: How do you carry?

I CC whenever it is legal, I live near the DE & MD statelines. 85% of my time is spent in PA & DE (I have a UT CCW permit and there is reciprocity) about 15% of my time is spent in MD, where my mother and father/stepmother live, there I would be a felon whether I OC or CC, so I just don't.

I only OC when I am hunting and then it is a S&W .357 revolver.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234