Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unarmed in D.C.

Default Unarmed in D.C.

Through the wisdom of members here I have become accustomed to carrying daily. Learned more of how, why, when and where. Now I have to go to D.C. for the weekend and already feel naked. One of the most dangerous cities, going to be with my family and someone thinks it's a good idea that I should not be able to defend us. You "gun nuts" are drawing me closer into your "insanity" in bringing about real changes in the ignorant laws which prohibit us from our right to go about our daily lives unimpeded by those who wish to victimize us. Not that I didn't already know of the stupidity but going unarmed is driving it home. I'm sure I'll be looking into how I can help those of us already fighting for our rights when I get back. Stay tuned, I'll let you know how it felt to me on Tuesday.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Unarmed in D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Through the wisdom of members here I have become accustomed to carrying daily. Learned more of how, why, when and where. Now I have to go to D.C. for the weekend and already feel naked. One of the most dangerous cities, going to be with my family and someone thinks it's a good idea that I should not be able to defend us. You "gun nuts" are drawing me closer into your "insanity" in bringing about real changes in the ignorant laws which prohibit us from our right to go about our daily lives unimpeded by those who wish to victimize us. Not that I didn't already know of the stupidity but going unarmed is driving it home. I'm sure I'll be looking into how I can help those of us already fighting for our rights when I get back. Stay tuned, I'll let you know how it felt to me on Tuesday.
    You have to decide if the threat out weighs the consequence. While it is illegal, you still can make a choice. Is your family’s safety more important than the law? I am not suggesting you break the laws of DC, I am only suggesting that you have a choice---are you willing to deal with the consequences? We all know that the real criminals don’t care about the law.

I don't see the problem, guns R illegal there so noone will have the right?

Be safe.

(Perry County)

I just had to go to DC a few weeks ago and felt the same way. Naked.
    Concealed is Concealed.
    We the people have not only the right but the responsibility to hang tyrants for treason.

Concealed might just be a felony in DC too. The tourist areas of DC are fine IMO. If someone were to feel that strongly about DC's laws, they can just not go there. Shit, I've been boycotting NJ for the past two years based on personal principle.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Just cond yellow and stay in the touristy areas. Heck 9 years ago me and this guy used to go visit the Titanic memorial at night which is in a slightly secluded spot and is deserted at night, and nobody ever approached us or anything. Maybe some vibes from VA across the river blew over and protected us LOL- OR maybe it was because we both had lived in crappy parts of Baltimore and knew "stuff". I dunno. I can say niether of us knew about carrying, us dumb MDers LOL

Are you also passing through this lovely state of Murderland? Hopefully the skinny part and then through WV? LOL
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Venango County)

That is about the only downside to carrying in my opinion.

Now it is uncomfortable to go places unarmed, even for short periods of time. I try to avoid leaving the state if there is no receprocity with Pa. in the target area I am thinking of visiting. Luckily there is more reciprocity than before.

I even avoid Philly since they want special exceptions regarding our basic rights. Maybe if they lose enough tourist dollars they will target criminals and behaviors and not guns.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

I have returned. All went well even though I had to leave even my knife behind as well. Just too many check points at sights. Guns4fun, I do understand your point but decided not to carry as getting arrested for it will permenently erase my ability to do so. Knowing the tourist areas are heavily guarded and I doubt I was ever not on a camera I choose to stay legal. I have done differently in travels to Trenton and once to the Bronx. But still I can't say I liked not carrying. Even less is the fact that with that much traveling I had no recouse in self protection. To all who responded to this post, thank you for that, it helps me understand better what we are trying to do. When help is needed in supporting our right, let me know what I can do.

(Montgomery County)

Glad you and your family made it home safely.

get some spray, and a good knife...
    This Space For Rent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast