Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Semi auto Vector Uzi

I've got a big birthday coming up and last year I drew up a list of things I wanted to do or wanted to own that I had not done yet in my life before I got too old.

One of those things was that I always wanted an Uzi. Full auto ones are too pricey for me right now, unfortunately, but I can be happy for now with a semi auto. I deliberated between the carbine with the 16 inch schnozz or the 10.5 inch barrel pistol. My ultimate plan is to go through the SBR process so it looks correct and it appears a stock is cheaper than a new barrel, so I got the pistol.

I was offered a brand new Vector at a price I could not refuse, so I jumped on it.

Any tips, tricks, suggestions or other interesting info on cleaning, maintaining and shooting the Vector Uzi, I would be glad to hear about. Also any ammo or reloading suggestions as well. I already bought some surplus German MP-2 magazines.

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Semi auto Vector Uzi

For information on Cleaning, maintaining, etc. an Uzi you may want to go to this site.
    http://uzitalk.com/

(Bucks County)

When did we start cleaning Uzis?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

Any tips, tricks, suggestions or other interesting info on cleaning, maintaining and shooting the Vector Uzi, I would be glad to hear about.
    sbr it, suppress it, get it a friend, repeat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Bucks County)

uzi's are very simple to clean and no where near as hard as cleaning a AR15. i prefer to spray all my firearms with gun scrubber which washes carbon away and makes cleaning less of a chore. surplus uzi mags are cheap and for a carbine the uzi has pretty decent accuracy out to about 50 yards. vector makes a good product so i don't think you have any issues.

(Tioga County)

Today shot about 200 rounds through it, no problems.

I found it surpassed my expectations, especially in the accuracy department. It's easy and fun to shoot, but no stock is a bummer. I guess this will be my first foray into SBR and NFA stuff so I can put a stock on it and make it more usable.

I think it's a smart, simple and straightforward design but I can see why it fell out of favor and that's probably because of weight. To me though I don't have a problem with it.

So far for the money I think it's a deal.

(Allegheny County)

If no photos can we at least get a charcoal sketch?

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    If no photos can we at least get a charcoal sketch?

I gotta figure out how to do photos. I can tell you it's black, on a Group Industries receiver and has a German surplus lower.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Today shot about 200 rounds through it, no problems.

I found it surpassed my expectations, especially in the accuracy department. It's easy and fun to shoot, but no stock is a bummer. I guess this will be my first foray into SBR and NFA stuff so I can put a stock on it and make it more usable.

I think it's a smart, simple and straightforward design but I can see why it fell out of favor and that's probably because of weight. To me though I don't have a problem with it.

So far for the money I think it's a deal.
    I don't know if it was intended design, but in a FA Uzi that weight and the weight of the bolt moving back and forth actually help balance out the firearm and make it more controllable when shooting in FA.

I'm guessing these Semi-Auto versions don't shoot from the open bolt, so they are probably a little more accurate than a FA open bolt, but the weight is probably not as helpful.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB0 View Post
    I don't know if it was intended design, but in a FA Uzi that weight and the weight of the bolt moving back and forth actually help balance out the firearm and make it more controllable when shooting in FA.

I'm guessing these Semi-Auto versions don't shoot from the open bolt, so they are probably a little more accurate than a FA open bolt, but the weight is probably not as helpful.
    These shoot from a closed bolt. I have a TNW Suomi M31 which is around 15 lbs with the drum, so this is lightweight by comparison. The gun is compact and the weight is concentrated, so for me with muscles I have no problems with it. Shooting it as a pistol one handed yes, more noticeable. Holding up with 2 hands no problems and once it's an SBR with a stock it will be great. I also did some point shooting with it not using the sights and having my elbows squared in and back of the receiver on my chest and it shoots minute of man.

I'm going to shoot it more today and I need to order more magazines and a mag loader. I wore out my thumb the other day.

These guns some say are obsolete but I think it's still an innovative, useful and simple design and plenty valid for use as a personal defense carbine or pistol.

I got mine from Atlantic Firearms and got a good deal as they had a coupon($100 off). I ordered at 10:30 at night, they shipped the next morning to my FFL on file with them and my FFL got it the next day.

I think next step is while I have read up on the SBR process, I need to research it again and make sure I understand it all. I do know that I can't buy a stock until I have my tax stamp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast