Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default OK who let this lizard loose?

Here is a very interesting story with photos of a 23 foot Gator Taken near Sebring, FL in Lake Istapoka.
    The Game Warden had to shoot it. WOW! Joe

This picture was taken by a Lifeflight helicopter flying over Lake Istapoka ,
    (For those of you who are not local, Lake Istapoka is near Sebring, Fl.)
    That has to be a HUGE gator to have a whole deer in its mouth!
    Are you ready to go fishing on Lake Istapoka ?!
    If you ski -- try not to fall.

Date: Mon, 1 Aug, 2006 06:14:24 -0500

The alligator was found between Lake Istapoka and Pinedale estates... near a house ,

Game Wardens were forced to shoot the alligator- guess he wouldn't cooperate.

Jayne and Don Hobkirk could hear the bellowing in the night.
    Their neighbors had been telling them that they had seen a mammoth alligator
    in the Lake that runs behind their house, but they dismissed the stories as being exaggerations.
    "I didn't believe it," Don Hobkirk said. Friday they realized the stories were, if anything, understated.

Florida Game and Parks game wardens had to shoot the beast...
    Joe Goff, 6' 5" tall, a game warden with the Florida Game and Parks Commission, walks past the 23-foot, one inch alligator that he shot and killed in the back yard of Jayne & Don Hobkirk...

Last edited by Frenchy; January 27th, 2007 at 02:08 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: OK who let this lizard loose?

Snopes.com....always check snopes.com... always check snopes.com urban legends pages...always check snopes.com...you got internet suckered:-)

story is totally wrong, pics of the alligator with a deer is true in that it was a real alligator with a deer...the pics at the bottom are not involved at all

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/gatordeer.asp

the pics at the bottom are about THIS gator, which was 13feet long:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/wcgator.asp
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Philadelphia County)

Ok.

You guys asked for it.

Meet HogZilla.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Just shows to go how you can see any thing and think it real on the internet...
    Mind you I have a problem with snopes, thing i dislike most about them is the popups, I have a popup blocker, and with this, you rarely get to a story on their pages. Thats the price of keeping the internet free... I have had so many junk things enter my computer i now block popups and most cookies. This then makes Snopes most unfriendly, to see the page you showed up there, i had to agree to 24 popups, disagree to 4 cookie demands, and still could not see the page. Mind you I was able to see it else where and see where it is a "fake" e-mail alert.

Still woundnt want to meet up with any of them.
    Last edited by Frenchy; January 27th, 2007 at 01:52 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

(Montgomery County)

what the hell buggy odd browser are you using?
    I'm using IE 6 and got not a single popup at all, not a notice form IE that popups were blocked.

and i dont let cookies on either, and had no issues seeing the page.
    loaded right up no prob.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    what the hell buggy odd browser are you using?
    I'm using IE 6 and got not a single popup at all, not a notice form IE that popups were blocked.

and i dont let cookies on either, and had no issues seeing the page.
    loaded right up no prob.
    Using IE7 and have a popup blocker both from Verizon and other 3rd party to block popups and cookies... Also allows me to chose not to have java auto start, Saves lots of virus time.
    When i disable the popups and additional pages loaded, the page comes out mainly text, nice celan and no pesky troubles after.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    Snopes.com....always check snopes.com... always check snopes.com urban legends pages...
    I'm with you 100% JB.

I get all manners of silly emails about grizzly attacks, false alliance claims (ie; a common soft drink swearing allegiance to our enemies) and other specious urban legends. It's just another variant of the chain letter & scare tactic combined.

(Erie County)

Those sound like interesting spam emails. I only get the "meet local black singles" junk emails. Not quite sure why though? Maybe the internets trying to tell me something