Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Survey: Please fill out

I am aware that not everyone here is a Republican. However the Republican party of PA has a survey up. In the end there is a box for additional comments. I took the time to write up that many gun owners know Tom Wolfe is not our friend - but many do not pay attention. I also noted that they should work on passing HB 2011, point out Wolfe would not sign such a bill, and make hay of it. One in ten (or 1 in 11) Citizens have a LTCF. That does not include hunters or people who keep in in their homes.

Show them we pay attention, and we vote. http://www.pagop.org/survey/?source=facebook-20140907
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Perry County)

Default Re: Survey: Please fill out

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I am aware that not everyone here is a Republican. However the Republican party of PA has a survey up. In the end there is a box for additional comments. I took the time to write up that many gun owners know Tom Wolfe is not our friend - but many do not pay attention. I also noted that they should work on passing HB 2011, point out Wolfe would not sign such a bill, and make hay of it. One in ten (or 1 in 11) Citizens have a LTCF. That does not include hunters or people who keep in in their homes.

Show them we pay attention, and we vote. http://www.pagop.org/survey/?source=facebook-20140907
    I filled it out. All hope was lost when it took me to a "send us money" page. I would be surprised if it amounts to anything more than a barrage of money requests.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Have yet to receive a "survey" from any source that was not about send money.

(Wayne County)

Before I got to that page I gave them enough reasons why they will get NOTHING from me.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I filled it out. All hope was lost when it took me to a "send us money" page. I would be surprised if it amounts to anything more than a barrage of money requests.
    Did you fill out your email address?? Be ready for the barrage if you did.

It started with Obama's "ground game" in 2008. Politician contacts are like email spam. Collect as many emails and phone numbers as possible. It is cheaper, quicker, and more effective than mailers.

You can quickly identify supporters with one call...then the ask to help with the campaign comes. I believe there was a link on the bottom of the survey to being contacted about helping in "your neighborhood".

I'll probably get negative rep'd for saying this, but I kinda hope Wolf wins and the State Senate and State House stay Republican controlled. One party domination leads to laws like Obamacare with little forethought...just rammed through. I believe it is telling that Corbett had both the Senate and House under his party's control yet he could not lead to get anything done. He is in over his head. Perhaps, state Republicans should have found an excuse for him to bow out of the race for reelection gracefully and got someone else to run.

Once again, this gubernatorial election will come down to voters not supporting a candidate, but rather, voting against the other guy...and we wonder why negative campaign ads work so well.

Just my 2 cents.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post

It started with Obama's "ground game" in 2008. Politician contacts are like email spam. Collect as many emails and phone numbers as possible. It is cheaper, quicker, and more effective than mailers.

You can quickly identify supporters with one call...then the ask to help with the campaign comes. I believe there was a link on the bottom of the survey to being contacted about helping in "your neighborhood".

I'll probably get negative rep'd for saying this, but I kinda hope Wolf wins and the State Senate and State House stay Republican controlled. One party domination leads to laws like Obamacare with little forethought...just rammed through. I believe it is telling that Corbett had both the Senate and House under his party's control yet he could not lead to get anything done. He is in over his head. Perhaps, state Republicans should have found an excuse for him to bow out of the race for reelection gracefully and got someone else to run.

Once again, this gubernatorial election will come down to voters not supporting a candidate, but rather, voting against the other guy...and we wonder why negative campaign ads work so well.

Just my 2 cents.
    I don't think he's in over his head. If anything, the legislature is acting independent of party. Just as we have some Democrat legislators that are pro-gun, we have some Republican legislators that are pro-union.

My problem with Wolf in the seat of power is that regardless of what positive 2A legislation that gets sent to his desk, he won't sign it. He also gets to appoint folks with his mindset. Rendell with his Florida carry permit fingerprint prohibition and Record of Sale paperwork on ARs comes to mind.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Montgomery County)

Just my 2 cents.
    Corbett isn't over his head. He's a Republican Governor in a state controlled by RINOs and Democrats.

(Chester County)

Just my 2 cents.
    Don't complain when Wolf and Kane make your guns illegal or ban so called " high capacity" magazines I vote second amendment first everything else second

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Don't complain when Wolf and Kane make your guns illegal or ban so called " high capacity" magazines I vote second amendment first everything else second
    Democrats have selective memory and a funny way of seeing the past, case in point is right above...
    (Democrat Gun Owners post)

I talked to a Pro-Union gunowner Democrat just last Wednesday that swore up and down there was no Clinton gun ban.
    Last edited by 39flathead; September 13th, 2014 at 07:53 PM.

(Bucks County)

Just my 2 cents.
    won't neg rep you for your beliefs, just don't agree. corbett isn't in over his head, and wolf would destroy every right he could. he's a democrat...can't help it. tax and spend, guns are bad. he has already stated that the "rich" he intends to fleece are married couples making 90k a year and up. that's me, and i'm pretty fucking far from rich. tax the frackers to pay for the shitty of filthadelphia schools...how much is enough to waste on them? 8 billion? 20 billion? 5 trillion? doesn't matter. just wealth redistribution.

fuck filthadelphia, and fuck wolf...that simple to me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast