Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Moving To Reading where to live?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    You have a good view on safes. Very insightful. I am on the fence at the moment personally.
    We find that most burglaries or home-invasions are committed by people who already know what's inside and know what their looking for. Friends, kids friends, or criminal acquaintances. Most thefts from vehicles are from UNLOCKED vehicles.
    As long as your guns are safe from your children & friends, you've done your part for safety.
    A gun is just like a car.... A piece of property with a serial number than can be used to kill. I keep them out of sight, behind a lock. I increased my insurance coverage on firearms. If stolen, report it to PD. If destroyed in fire, let the insurance company buy you new ones.
    I had another good point....but my train of thought ran off the tracks, and I have to go to the dentist. Bbl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi71ocean View Post
    I've been doing so much reading and my head spins at times figuring this out. I did find a place on Zillow for 1,200 a month that is single family, and has a driveway. Looks to be good in Exeter. It is a small house, but says it is gas.

I do notice what you guys mean about the driving in the winter. Is the snow that bad? i have a 4x4 dually diesel as my primary driver. But was thinking of maybe picking up a 2500 4x4 as well if the snow is that bad.

Do landlords care about guns in their properties? Does that have to be explained to them?

I was going to leave my stuff in jersey till i picked up a good gun safe, and I've heard alot about Sturdy Safe, does anyone have an opinion on one?

I'll be up in Wyomissing next week for my first week of training, I hope to start scouting the the area to see what is up here.
    Around here a 4x4 or all wheel drive or a front wheel drive will make life easier. Back in the old days most everything was rear wheel drive, that was a PITA.

Depending upon where you move to off street parking is a major plus - as it is anywhere.

The thing is try, if possible, to find something close to the area where you will be working. The less traffic, the better - again, true anywhere.

Pepsi 71,
    If you have school age kids I would base my search on what school district I want my childern to attend. Wilson is probably the top rated school, then Mifflin, Wyomissing, Exeter then everybody else. Forget Antietam.

(Berks County)

Everyone around here is afraid of snow, can't believe they lived here all there lives and bitch about the weather. This is the northeast. Plus they all eat milk and bread when it snows,still can't figure out that one.

(Berks County)

^^ french toast... when it snows it is a white sale at the local grocer.
    eggs, bread, milk and toilet paper.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer99ex View Post
    ^^ french toast... when it snows it is a white sale at the local grocer.
    eggs, bread, milk and toilet paper.
    Never figured out why the syrup is missing. Watching the snow crapin French toast, good times! I drove over 35yrs without 4x4, not a problem but I played around in the snow and learned. Cops would break our stones but they understood the why and never wrote us anything. Today it's all about the money. Got to say 4x4 is great but you still need technique going up a very long steep hill in a foot and a half of snow. Now trees down are the problem. A good set of chains still is a good idea.

Hey guys, work is going good, . I got a good rate at the local hotel in wyomissing for $69. For that price I'm in no rush now. But I want a house by the time I go overnight.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi71ocean View Post
    Hey guys, work is going good, . I got a good rate at the local hotel in wyomissing for $69. For that price I'm in no rush now. But I want a house by the time I go overnight.
    Make sure while you're in town, to drive around and see the neighborhoods, especially that address you told me about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

This company just opened a Wyomissing office they might be able to help you find a place.
    www.ahpm.biz

Hey guys,

I went into the hotel after work and was chatting with the hotel desk guy, turns out he is a realtor, and he had beensending me places.

I like the looks of this place, . It is 328 Wernersville Blvd, Wernersville, PA 19565

https://www.homesale.com/s/pa/berks-..._84117817.html

It has been refurbished since 2007, I will be doing a drive by this week. There is another duplex house located by reading airport off 222 bypass.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast