Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Sunday Hunting Sit-In

HUSH is organizing a Sunday hunting sit-in. At first, the idea seemed a bit odd to me but the more I thought about it, it really does defeat the cry of all of the anti-hunters that they want Sunday for their "safe" day.

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Sunday Hunting Sit-In

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    HUSH is organizing a Sunday hunting sit-in. At first, the idea seemed a bit odd to me but the more I thought about it, it really does defeat the cry of all of the anti-hunters that they want Sunday for their "safe" day.

Any other information on this?

(Bucks County)

Image is not working for me

(Perry County)

Did the image open this time?

Not too much other information. Just asking that you post pictures to HUSH's Facebook page or website. Trying to get the word out that there are a lot of hunters that want to hunt on Sunday and that it's already allowed for some species. Why don't we allow the PGC to set the hunting calendar as necessary without a legislative prohibition, blue-law carryover.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Montgomery County)

I am confused.
    Where am I supposed to sit?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I am confused.
    Where am I supposed to sit?
    The flyer says any hunting ground where you hunt. Take a picture of yourself hunting that Sunday and post it to HUSH. The idea, like open-carry is to make people aware that Sunday hunting is already lawful to a degree and help normalize it, that those non-hunters in the woods that day were not in danger, and that Sunday hunting has a lot more support from hunters than the naysayers want the politicians to believe.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    The flyer says any hunting ground where you hunt. Take a picture of yourself hunting that Sunday and post it to HUSH. The idea, like open-carry is to make people aware that Sunday hunting is already lawful to a degree and help normalize it, that those non-hunters in the woods that day were not in danger, and that Sunday hunting has a lot more support from hunters than the naysayers want the politicians to believe.

So put on my orange and take my shotgun to the woods on Sunday? Ok.

(Allegheny County)

This sounds a lot like PocketProtector trying to convince people who already hate Obama to... hate Obama.

A "preaching to the choir" type of thing.

Maybe if non-hunters would see it, but unless I misunderstood things, it's hunters showing hunters that they hunt?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    This sounds a lot like PocketProtector trying to convince people who already hate Obama to... hate Obama.

A "preaching to the choir" type of thing.

Maybe if non-hunters would see it, but unless I misunderstood things, it's hunters showing hunters that they hunt?
    How often have you seen hunters heading out into the woods on a Sunday? I believe that is the thinking. If it could get big enough, people would notice.

It's a combination of normalization and thumbing your nose at the legislature. Do you know if I'm hunting coyote or deer when I'm in the woods with a crossbow on Sunday. Groundhogs or coyote with a small caliber rifle? Do you know if I'm hunting crows or doves with my shotgun?

It goes to what I said previously. The law could be voided by lack of enforcement of, and disregard for, the law.

(Dauphin County)

I regularly hunt Coyotes and Fox on Sundays and have even gotten a few on the Sabbath. The law that prevents Sunday Hunting of Deer, Turkey Etc. is simply and unjust law that free people deservingly treat with contempt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast