Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Smile Glock 19 Gen 4 changed my opinion of Glocks

So I have been undecided for awhile about getting a Glock 19 Gen 4 and finally worked up the nerve to get one the other day. Up until I took it to the range I have always disliked Glocks. I previously owned a Glock 26 Gen 4 and hated it due to the snappy recoil and the fact that I was never able to hit anything with it. Due to my bad experience with this gun I traded it in and vowed never to get a Glock again, however I have noted a number of stellar reviews circulating around with regards to the Glock 19. After reading all the reviews I decided to get a Glock 19 Gen 4.

The reason I did not go with the Gen 3 was due to my hands being somewhat small which disallowed me from getting a full grip on the gun. I decided it go with the Gen 4 because my hand fit the grip perfectly. After spending a range session with this gun and shooting with both right and left hands, not to mention shooting one handed using my right and left hands (dominant hand right); I have to say that this gun is super accurate and recoil is very tame.

Previously my primary concealed carry guns were a Sig P228 and a P229, which I always found to be heavy and sometimes uncomfortable to carry inside the waistband, which led me on a quest to find a light compact gun for conceal carry.

I am accustomed to traditional double action/single action guns and have mastered the triggers, so shooting a striker fire gun took some getting used to. Once I figured out the operation of the Glock trigger my shots were on target at the range.

If you're looking for a lightweight conceal carry weapon I would recommend a Glock 19 Gen 3 or Gen 4. Great gun. I can now state that I am a fan of Glock.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Glock 19 Gen 4 changed my opinion of Glocks

Welcome to the Glock 19 club!
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Bucks County)

have you tried the g17?

(Lackawanna County)

This is my next one and will become my carry gun. I am absolutely head over heels for my gen 4 glock 34

(Philadelphia County)

I actually like the 26 and 17 over the 19. Gurss I'm a weirdo

(Bucks County)

A gen III 19 changed my opinion, too. My carry for the longest time was a P238 so imagine the learning curve I have. A small steel framed hammer fired SAO to a polymer striker fired gun. But I really like the size. I have kinda small hands, too, but for me it's nearly the perfect size. I'm still rusty on getting rounds on target, though. I tend to shoot low and left. But that's what practice is for. Plus these allow me more shots between reloads.

(Montgomery County)

I was never anti glock, my first was a gen 3 22. That said the gen 4 is perfection to me. I'm up to two gen 4s, a 27 and 23 as carry guns, and a gen 3 17 taking up the role of range toy. If someone were to want a 17 and have a gen 4 22 for trade, I would accept it in a heartbeat. The gen 3 needs stippling or talon grips to feel right to me. I opted for talons. The gen 4 mag release is much better. The slimmer frame of the gen 4 with no added backstrap is better for my not so large hands.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by hawkinsje View Post
    I actually like the 26 and 17 over the 19. Gurss I'm a weirdo
    Same, although a 19 doesn't rub me too roughly either

I've had a G23 (same size as the 19) for some time & like it. It's small enough to conceal easily, but still large enough to shoot comfortably.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Cumberland County)

Talking Re: Glock 19 Gen 4 changed my opinion of Glocks

aaaahhh, another one comes to the dark side. seriously welcome, just be warned they are addictive. probably the best all around working gun out there. and to eb85 this can be a common problem with new glock shooters, low and left poi that is. try more finger on the trigger and be sure your grip is not tightening as you squeeze. happy shooting all. Tupperware ain,t all bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast