Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Default Re: ACTION ALERT!! - HB 2011 Pre-Emption!

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    Sorry guys, I grabbed the wrong one.

WhiteFeather is correct in that the one we need to concentrate on is HB2011.
    Please consider editing your post about the incorrect bill to reference the correct bill, and also to state that efforts should be made to convince Greenleaf to move HB2011 when it hits his desk (since SB876 won't be moving with the time left).
    Slaves don't own arms; free men do.

(Monroe County)

It adds to "§6120 - Limitation on the Regulation of Firearms and Ammunition"

Basically, if any town up to any city has any ordinance, law or anything that prohibits or bans anything to do with firearms, A person can sue and recoup their expenses. Here's the added text.

(a.2) Relief.-–A person adversely affected by an ordinance, a resolution, regulation, rule, practice or any other action promulgated or enforced by a county, municipality or township prohibited under subsection (a) or 53 Pa.C.S. § 2962(g) (relating to limitation on municipal powers) may seek declaratory or injunctive relief and actual damages in an appropriate court.
    (a.3) Reasonable expenses.--A court shall award reasonable expenses to a person adversely affected in an action under subsection (a.2) for any of the following:
    (1) A final determination by the court is granted in favor of the person adversely affected.
    (2) The regulation in question is rescinded, repealed or otherwise abrogated after suit has been filed under subsection (a.2) but before the final determination by the court.
    "Person adversely affected." Any of the following:
    (1) A resident of this Commonwealth who may legally possess a firearm under Federal and State law.
    (2) A person who otherwise has standing under the laws of this Commonwealth to bring an action under subsection (a.2).
    (3) A membership organization, in which a member is a person described under paragraphs (1) or (2).
    "Reasonable expenses."
    The term includes, but is not limited to, attorney fees, expert witness fees, court costs and compensation for loss of income.
    Seems pretty straight forward to me, but I've been reading this stuff for so long I'm starting to speak in legalese.

(Allegheny County)

Back channel Info says there is a VERY good possibility of this coming up for a full house Vote on Sept 15, 16 or 17

PLEASE contact the House leadership reps below and yours as well

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post

Its late in the session everyone can get behind just one bill - HB 2011 and push very hard or we can get nothing to improve our firearm rights this session.

right now HB 2011 has the BEST chance to get a full house vote!

HB 2011 is already "locked and loaded" on 2nd consideration

IF we do our part to put pressure on the house reps for an UP or DOWN vote on HB 2011 it should easily pass by a vast majority that is IF we can get a votes!

next step

We have to put pressure Senator Greenleaf, chairman of senate Judiciary committee to vote the HB 2011, along with the rest Judiciary committee to insist on a vote on HB 2011 as a clean bill.

next step would be a full senate vote and we do our part to keep HB 2011 as a clean bill (no amendments)

after that HB 2011 would be sent to Governor Tom Corbett's desk for signature.

This is ALL possible and a very achievable goal, IF enough of US step up and do our part to contact the Reps and put the pressure on the elected Reps to pass HB 2011.

The house comes back in session on Sept 15, 2014

be the squeaky that gets the grease

Contact House leadership and ask them to run HB 2011!

start with Rep Sam Smith - speaker of the house (717) 787-3845

Rep Mike Turzai majority leader (717) 772-9943

Rep Frank Dermody minority leader (717) 787-3566

Rep Stan Saylor majority whip (717) 783-6426

Rep Michael Hanna minority whip (717) 772-2283

Rep Sandra Major (717) 783-2910

Rep Mike Vereb (717) 705-7164

Rep Richard Stevenson (717) 783-6438

Rep Dave Reed (717) 705-7173

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...e/officers.cfm

The dedicated to control group, CeasefirePA sent out on Sept 10 an action alert and posted on their website
    Give A Call to Majority Leader Turzai

Posted on September 10, 2014 by Shira Goodman

Last week we asked you to tell your Representative that you oppose HB 2011 — the gun lobby bill that allows people and gun organizations to file lawsuits as punishment for towns and cities that are trying to protect their communities.

Your voice is being heard! Now we need you to help us with one more push. Can you call the House Majority Leader Mike Turzai and let him know we oppose this bill and that we oppose any procedural maneuverings that will prevent a full debate on the amendments to the bill?

Majority Leader Mike Turzai

(412) 369-2230

Suggested Script:

Hi, my name is ________ and I’m calling today to let Leader Turzai know I oppose HB 2011 which allows people and gun organizations to file lawsuits as punishment for towns and cities that are trying to protect their communities.
    I also oppose the procedural rules to block debate and discussion about changes that have been proposed to that bill.

I hope he will not allow a vote to proceed without full debate, and I hope he will oppose this misguided bill.

A RE write to accurately reflect the facts of HB 2011

Suggested Script: or write a better version and call all those in leadership listed above

Hi, my name is ________ and I’m calling today to let Rep ________ know I FULLY SUPPORT HB 2011 which allows people to at least have the possibility of recouping the cost of filing lawsuits to hold those elected official who willfully violate the rule of state law with preemption accountable for their illegal actions.

Specifically title 18

section

§6120. Limitation on the Regulation of Firearms and Ammunition.

(a) General rule. No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this commonwealth.

Since those opposed to HB 2011 have abused the procedural rules and loaded over 125 (non-related) amendments to HB 2011 only with the intent just to block passage and waste time that could be only spent discussing or debates the merits of HB 2011 .

this loading of a bill with amendments is Political Terrorism to hold the whole legislative process hostage unless they get their way.

I fully support moving to strip all the non related amendments and moving to debate just the merits of HB 2011 and then having a up or down vote on HB 2011

BTW as to this being a burden to local taxpayers

All ANY county, municipality or township has to do to avoid a "potential" lawsuit in HB 2011 is just repeal their illegal preemption ordnances that violate section 6120 and obey state law

wow what a concept, those elected to office have to follow the same laws of the commonwealth of PA just like everyone else has to!
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Allegheny County)

With ALL the numerous post and threads on PAFOA over Preemption violations.

Sure hope this effort to contact the Rep over HB 2011 is not going to out done by the anti-gunners efforts to make sure preemption violators continue to face no negative consequences for their illegal actions.

please call and do your part NOW or don't complain when the next outrageous preemption violation occurs.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

I have no doubt that this will pass the House. The real obstacle is the Senate. Focus your efforts on Senate Leadership (Scarnati, Pileggi), because Sen. Greenleaf always takes a middle road on these issues and won't move the bill out of Judiciary Committee unless he can please Ceasefire somehow. Pressure needs to come from Leadership, and it may still not be enough.

(Chester County)

This should wait until the public sector unions put Tom Wolf into the Governor's mansion so he can coax Senators to pass this and then sign the bill.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    This should wait until the public sector unions put Tom Wolf into the Governor's mansion so he can coax Senators to pass this and then sign the bill.
    IS THIS A JOKE?
    Slaves don't own arms; free men do.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    IS THIS A JOKE?
    Yes, and a very strong snark against those who won't vote for Corbett, but say they are for gun rights in this state.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SWrunner View Post
    I have no doubt that this will pass the House. The real obstacle is the Senate. Focus your efforts on Senate Leadership (Scarnati, Pileggi), because Sen. Greenleaf always takes a middle road on these issues and won't move the bill out of Judiciary Committee unless he can please Ceasefire somehow. Pressure needs to come from Leadership, and it may still not be enough.
    Twice in the 2011-2012 session we had a two similar preemption bill that both passed house JC but failed to get a full house vote due to all the anti-gun amendments. along with many RINO's not wanting to have a recorded vote

HB 2011 was locked and cocked to get a full house before the July 4, 2014 summer session break and we got screwed.

again and again all the anti-gun amendments blocked a vote, despite the clear evidence we easily got the votes for passage.

don't be to sure till we get a full house vote

Please call

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Please call
    No need to. I work there. You're right about RINOs (from the Southeast).

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast