Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Ruger SP101 w/ 3 1/6" Barrel Review

Quote Originally Posted by Rundownfid View Post
    A very good review with excellent pictures. It occurred to me while reading this that an even more useful review would be a side by side with a S&W Model 60 3". Unfortunately, the original poster appears to live in Indiana.
    Perhaps I could suggest that reviews with side by sides could be arranged after the original post by people with similar guns contacting the original poster. Then a pleasant day at the range trying each others' guns and a joint write-up; this would really help people who are considering the purchase of a similar firearm.
    One of the great things about this forum is that even in a state as big as Pa. I often find people who live very close to me or where I will be soon. So if you do a review perhaps you could also be open to the suggestion of a side by side comparison test?
    I'll start, I have a very nice Model 60 3", does anyone in the Harrisburg area have a 3" Ruger for a side by side with?
    I would LOVE to read a review of your gun. I really like the adjustable sights, and it's a gun I'm interested in.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    I would LOVE to read a review of your gun. I really like the adjustable sights, and it's a gun I'm interested in.
    Ok, this will take a few days, perhaps early next week. I'll try to get this done, and in as close to Joe's excellent format as possible. I don't promise my pictures will compare favorably to Joe's, which were exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by Rundownfid View Post
    Ok, this will take a few days, perhaps early next week. I'll try to get this done, and in as close to Joe's excellent format as possible. I don't promise my pictures will compare favorably to Joe's, which were exceptional.
    look forward to it

Joe,

Excellent review and vids. I just purchased my SP101 3" two days ago and love the gun. I am looking for a CC holster for it and have not been able to find one. Do you have a holster for yours and if so can you post a picture of it and where you purchased it?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by SP101Fan View Post
    Joe,

Excellent review and vids. I just purchased my SP101 3" two days ago and love the gun. I am looking for a CC holster for it and have not been able to find one. Do you have a holster for yours and if so can you post a picture of it and where you purchased it?

Thanks,
    Don't have any pics handy, but do have three recommendations:

Belt holster = Don Hume JIT
    http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...products_id=53

IWB holster = Don Hume 715
    http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...products_id=35

Tuckable IWB = Kholster, since they now make them for SP101s
    http://www.kholster.com/

(Montgomery County)

Hey Joe, been meaning to thank you for a great review (if I haven't already)! Really thorough job.
    Oh, and I love this gun!

Ham radio: when all else fails.

(Northampton County)

Great job. I've been kicking around the idea of picking up the sp101 and your review sold me. Are you charging Ruger a marketing fee? keep up the good work. And Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Ruger SP101 w/ 3 1/6" Barrel Review

Read your review prior to purchasing a 2.25" SP101 in .357 mag., bobbed hammer for carry. I'm an old timer, 66, and owned 6 various J-Frame S&W's, old and new. I also own 3 Colt Detective Specials and an Agent.
    Without question, the SP beats any J-frame in the same caliber, .357., especially the newer models. They may be a little heavier, but that makes the shooting that much better with .357's. They are about the same size as the Colts, but the Colts are all chambered for .38 specials. I would say that the Colt was at the top of that caliber for this type of revolver also without question but since they haven't been made since the '90's (I think), you can't really compare them to anything made today.
    I liked the bobbed hammer Sp101 so much, I bought it's 'hammered' brother today.

(Montgomery County)

Great review. The SP-101 has just been added to the list for a small revolver for Mrs. Traveler.

(Westmoreland County)

Have had a sp101 hammerless 1 7/8 for about 15 yrs. nice carry weapon, but I found it to be a little heavy so I bought a ruger LCP .380 for carry and my sp101 is for home defense now. Nice review BTW, I really enjoyed the videos,nice job. Anyway, I like everything about the sp 101 and the stainless makes it easy to maintain.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast