Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: "Stop Selling BB Guns to Kids!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Another example of people who want others to conform to their way of thinking because they know whats best for us and our children.

A liberal view of tolerance is that we should listen, understand, and comply.
    They only keep it up because some idiots let them. I don't know why so many people think these bozos are experts or anyone that should be listened to rather than telling them to go away.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post

It's probably one of these plastic pellet guns that were available at any corner store when I was a kid in the early '70s. There was another cool toy pistol that shot multi-color discs. They can't hurt anybody unless you swallowed a disc or a pellet and choked on it.

exatly. they sold at 7-11 for 99 cents, lasted about 3 days, and were nothing but fun the entire time.

had an effective range of about 7 feet....with no wind.

(Bucks County)

The whole thing is bs. Is the store doing something illegal? Most likely. But so are the kids if they are buying these things. But where are the parents? Shouldn't they be paying attention to what their kids are doing, where they are going and what they are buying? I remember having to ask my dad to buy me a bb gun or pellet rifle because I wasn't old enough, but earned enough money to buy it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by hunterdan View Post
    The whole thing is bs. Is the store doing something illegal? Most likely. But so are the kids if they are buying these things. But where are the parents? Shouldn't they be paying attention to what their kids are doing, where they are going and what they are buying? I remember having to ask my dad to buy me a bb gun or pellet rifle because I wasn't old enough, but earned enough money to buy it.
    I guess it is illegal in Philly.

Philadelphia Code

§10-810. Weapons and Dangerous Devices.

(1) Discharging Firearms.[158] No person shall fire or discharge recklessly and without reasonable cause any rifle, gun, pistol, or other firearm.
    (2) Water Pistols, Electric Canes, and Miniature Cannon.[159]

(a) No one shall sell or offer for sale water pistols, electric canes, miniature cannon, or similar articles.[160]

(b) No one shall use water pistols, electric canes, miniature cannon or similar articles in any street or public place.

(3) Spring Guns, Air Guns and Bows and Arrows.[161]

(a) No person shall sell, offer for sale at retail, or use, or possess with intent to use, any air gun, spring gun, or any implement not a firearm which forcefully impels a pellet of any kind.

(b) No person shall sell, or offer for sale, at retail, any bow and arrow, to any person under the age of twenty-one (21) years unless the seller first obtains written evidence of parental consent to the proposed purchase by the minor.[162]

(4) Switchblade Knives.[163] No person shall sell, offer for sale or carry any knife with a blade which is released by a spring mechanism including knives known as "switchblades."

(5) Incendiary Paper. No person shall manufacture, sell, offer for sale, carry or store any incendiary paper that has been chemically treated to vanish at the touch of a flame, including paper known as "flash paper."[164]

(6) Penalties. Whoever violates any provision of this Section or Section 10-821 shall, in addition to other penalties provided, forfeit the weapon, contraband, or dangerous device giving rise to the violation of such section.[165]

(7) Confiscation. Police officers shall seize and deliver into departmental custody any air gun, air pistol, spring gun, switch blade knife, incendiary paper, contraband weapons, accessories and/or ammunition or other implement which shall be used, discharged, possessed, offered for sale or carried in violation of Section 10-810 or Section 10-821.[166]

[160] Amended, 1956 Ordinances, p. 676.
    [161] Source: 1950 Ordinances, p. 129.
    Really water guns are illegal in Philly since 1956, 68 years ago. Same time the Whitney Wolverine came out.

I used to buy flash paper in the city all the time, Jr. Magician/Pyro I was fun at parties. If I didn't burn the house down.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Bucks County)

(Philadelphia County)

Actually fellas, Those are Airsoft guns. Pellet guns shoot metal pellets that are usually in a conical shape, BB guns shoot small metel balls, and an Airsoft guns shoot small plastic balls only.

(Bucks County)

Anybody remember the Lark M19A Annihilator?

It was a full auto BB gun powered by a 1lb can of freon.

I wish I had one of those today. It would be enough to give a libtard a brain aneurism.

This was as close as I ever got to having a BB machine gun.

Last edited by RockIsland; September 2nd, 2014 at 08:00 PM.

(Wayne County)

I'm thinking to myself, "well, if they are selling BBguns to minors, then they are breaking the law and I have no problem with this." And the I watched the video and saw that they are talking about GODDAMED TOYS!

For Pete's sake peoples! If you don't want your kid playing with a toy, you tell them not to. If they do anyway, you smash the toy in front of them and punish them for lying/being disrespectful/disobeying their parents. It's your frigging job as a parent.

The saddest damn part about this is that it appears that, as long as those toys are spring actuated, they are illegal in Philly since they do propel a plastic pellet.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post

This was as close as I ever got to having a BB machine gun.

Awww, man! I used to love my shooting gallery! That thing was awesome! Those ducks used to fall before they even got fully exposed coming around the top. The thing was louder than hell, though. That's probably why it stopped working mysteriously.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    -snip-

Again, why are we not attacking their root sources to starve out their numbers as they surely are attacking ours?
    What exactly are the "root sources" of the gun ban movement, so we know what to attack.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast